egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Yet another jacket question

So last year, I bought Sarah this jacket from LLBean:
    http://tinyurl.com/xq43

I got a discontinued color and it was a terrific price, since I got the jacket and pants for less than jacket alone is at full retail. BUT, the jacket is too warm except for the coldest days. I also have a fleece jacket for her, but its a thinner fleece, more like a 100 weight than the typical 200 weight.

But I'm finding I need an inbetween jacket. I've looked at the LLBean and LE fleece jackets and those seem VERY warm, and are redundant to the other jacket.

Thoughts?
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

ddmarsh Guest

Default RE: Yet another jacket question

Have you looked at the Bean of LE fleece pullovers? I can't recall for sure that they are made in toddler sizes. We have used those over the years and have found them to be great for that in-between weather. I would assume the fleece jackets are made of the same material that the pullovers are, but am not positive.

Another alternative is a fleece peacoat. I got one for Lily this year from Gap and it has been great for those days that it has been chilly but not-yet-full-jacket weather.

HTH -

christic Guest

What about a heavy zip up wool sweater for something different?

Alice has been wearing something like the "zipped jacket" in this book everyday until recently:
    www.theknittinggarden.com/db-book1.htm

Hers is quite a few sizes too big, but we've been rolling the sleeves for 2 years now and will probably get more use out of this sweater than any of her other jackets.

momathome is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I found an awesome in-between jacket at www.miniboden.com . It is a fleece-lined anorak and is absolutely adorable on. I bought one for 5 year-old Liza and loved it so much I just ordered one for 2 year-old Kasey. It is medium-weight and weather-proof and the zipper is the first one that Liza can master on her own with no help from me - an added bonus. It is not cheap at $49 but given how adorable it is I think it would have decent resale value - miniboden stuff seems to be very good quality. On a cheaper note, I saw some very cute fleece jackets that were a decent weight without being too heavy at Old Navy yesterday that were cute and may do the trick for you. Good luck!
    -Lauren