Karenn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default What size comes after 18 months?

I feel like I should be able to figure out the answer to this, but I am so confused! I went shopping today because Colin is outgrowing his 18mos. jeans and had the hardest time figuring out what size comes next. I saw 18-24 months, 2, & 2T. Depending on the store and selection, each of those seemed like they could be the next size up.
    What size should I buy?
    Thanks!

vikivoly Guest

Default RE: What size comes after 18 months?

I think it's 18-24 months.

trumansmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

It depends. DS has pants that fit in 18 months, 18-24 months, 24 months AND 2T! It just depends on the brand. It's really annoying, isn't it?

Jeanne
    Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and EDD 4/23/04!

brubeck Guest

It does depend on the brand. Just do a size up against him and see! Generally if a brand has 24 months AND 2T the 2T is bigger.

The difference between 2 and 2T is that the T sizes are supposed to be a bit bigger to accomdate a diaper.

luvbeinmama Guest

AND quite often the 24 mos stuff is a bit larger in the diaper area than a 2T. I think I only got a couple 24 mos things with DS and pretty much jumped to 2T from 18 mos. ITA with Helen that it totally depends on the brand, as with any sizing.

brubeck Guest

It depends on the time of year too. Both of my kids are making/made that change in summertime and it's easier to get shorts rompers in a larger size and let them hang a bit. Long pants and long-sleeved shirts need to fit a little better.

24 mos are a little more for the stockier set. A little shorter leg, more tummy room. My friend has a preemie who we lovingly call "Monster Baby" because he is off the charts now for height and wt. That is what he is in now. He looks like a big baby as opposed to a toddler. I hope that makes sense.

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

mcades Guest

My son has consistently been short for his age. While he's fit right by age size thus far, the 2 year old marker threw us off. What I've learned (the hard way) is that 2 & 2T pants are a few inches longer than 24 month sizes!! Both have fit my guy fine in the waist, but shrimp that he is, he's now 33 months & *almost* fits into the length of 2T pants!!! Now we only have to roll the cuffs twice rather than 4 times! :>

~Michelle