redhookmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Toddler Spring/Summer Wardrobe

Well, it all seems so different planning for a girl. So many more options. I want to make a list of what I think I will need and then tic off items so I don't buy to much. Do you think that you will just put cool summer dresses on your DDs or shorts or rompers...

As for my post-toddler (kid) who is a boy.
    shorts 7
    t-shirts 6
    tank tops 2
    bathing suit 2
    jacket 1
    rainjacket 1
    hats 3
    sandals 1
    sneakers 1
    socks/underware 8
    PJ's 2
    slippers 1
    summer pants 1
    summer dressy shirt 1

Am I missing anything?
    Molly
    pack of kids ranging from age 1 to age 13

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: Toddler Spring/Summer Wardrobe

I love little summer dresses. But sometimes shorts and a T-shirt are much more practical. And for the playground, even when its really hot, I prefer leggings and a short sleeve T-shirt to protect her knees!

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

luvbeinmama Guest

I agree. Last summer DD was not even crawling for most of it. I prefer 2 pieces, even if it is a dress I like to have the bloomers over the diaper, and I often had her in bloomers only at home during the hottest parts of the summer. This summer, I know I'll have some dresses, some shirt/short sets and definitely leggings for the playground. They have some capri pants out now, those would work as well as leggings I think for some knee protection. But I haven't tried them, so I don't know if they will ride up the leg a bit or not. I suppose that may depend on your DD. Your list for your son looks about like mine.

I have a mixture of things for Gabrielle. We have some cute dresses with matching diaper covers, some romper outfits, some shirts with bubble shorts and some shirts/onesies that go with denim bottoms (for the playground). :D

That was helpful...wasn't it? LOL
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

brubeck Guest

It depends what you like to dress your daughter in. I LOVE dresses so I usually get a bunch of them for my daughter. Some are sleeveless and some are short-sleeved. Since she wears them everyday I get the rugged washable type (Land's End makes some nice ones). If it gets cool for some reason then she wears leggings under the dresses. I also buy 3 pairs of shorts and about 6 tops to go with them because in summer we do end up doing things like playing in dirt where the dress might not work so well.

Of course a swimsuit (and coverup/water shoes?) is mandatory as are a couple of sunhats and a pair of sandals. You probably won't need so many socks if she's wearing sandals a lot.

Whether or not she's still in diapers, you may want to consider some 'panty covers' for under the dresses. I usually pick up a couple of CHEAP cotton elastic waist shorts and use those. That way it's not as embarrassing if little miss decides to flash in front of all of your friends. :)

HTH!