TwoToddlerMom Guest

Default Tevas for Active Kids?

I'm looking for sandals for my active children (DS 2yrs;DD 4 yrs).
    They both run and climb a lot and have sweaty feet. So instead of sneakers and play sandals, I was thinking of buying them Teva sandals.
    - Do Tevas provide good foot support?
    - How do Tevas do on playgrounds? For running around?

Or do you have other suggestions?

Any input would be appreciated! thanks!
    katherine

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: Tevas for Active Kids?

I considered these and passed because there is no toe protection; I thought that Colin would be stubbing his toes all day long - which is no fun!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

raynjen Guest

We have a pair of Tevas for my DD and we like them. The toe extension is a bit longer than on a decorative sandal - this protects the toes better, but also takes some getting used to (Noelle tripped in them for about a day before she adjusted to the length. We use them at the beach here in Okinawa (wouldn't want to step on something poisonous or spiny or BOTH!)

Jen in Okinawa
    Mom to Noelle (2 1/2)

I have some experience with these, my kids all had them last year and my son{3yrs} has them again this year.

He is past active, he never stops LOL }( and this played a role in my choice, like last year the child loves mud & water so a leather sandal would be totally abused in every way...the teva dries quickly and is easy to brush sand off of etc.

Support wise from what i have been told their one the best out there in sport sandals...offering a heel shock etc and they are very adjustable for wide, narrow and medium width feet plus are very flexible & light.

They are more "open" obviously than a closed toe sandal style but do offer some what of a bumper guard..sorta rounded up at the tip. I just found i couldn't be bothered with leather/non sport sandals here
    with us living rual their is just too much to get into for a toddler also he didn't do any harm to his feet last year nor this year so far & not for lack of trying *sigh*

Anyhow i do recommend them, your best bet is probably trying them out in a shop to see which will work best for your child their are a couple of styles, my son has the hurricane with a blue zebra print ;)

HTH

oh their site gives info
    http://www.teva.com

~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/...blobflower.gif

My oldest (he'll be 4 next week) has spent the past two summers in Old Navy sandals which look similar to Tevas. We absolutely love them and the price isn't bad either, I think they were $16.99, regular price.

I would buy DS Tevas in a minute if they weren't so expensive. This type of sandal is the way to go for summer, although my DS still prefers sneakers for playing on the playground. He doesn't like to get sand or mulch/wood chips in his shoes.

Sarah...........mom to Jason (5/25/00) & Devin (5/12/03)

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We use Tevas all the time. We got a pair for around $20 ar Nordstrom. The ones we have are more "beach/pool" shoes, but they also make great all around summer shoes. They are also very adjustable which is great because my DD has wide feet and is hard to fit. I also have a pair of StrideRite sandals, but those are for more "dressy" occasions.

If we wear them on our playground (which has mulch), I have her wear them with socks. They are also great because she can wear them for situations where she is in and out of water and also playing on playground equipment.

We have the Teva Psyclone.

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)