Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    JakesMom Guest

Default RE: Toddler UNREALITY Layette

I love this thread!

As the mom of two boys (also Chicago, Becky!), I am always interested in how to get loads of inexpensive clothes. I have found that the cotton knit stuff at Target does shrink fairly quickly, though if I buy the regular boys' T-shirts they do okay.

My older son (age 4) is going to "summer camp" at his preschool this summer, and we were told during orientation to go to Target and anywhere cheap and just buy loads of clothes we can expect to lose or get totally dirty. I am ALL OVER this idea for the summer, but surprisingly the stuff that's lasted through all sorts of toddler torture has been the basic cotton knit stuff from Old Navy.

My advice is to look for sales at ON, and buy as many as you can in your childrens' sizes. I usually err on the larger size, so things can transition seasons (for example, Jake is wearing the 4Ts that I bought last summer, and they fit okay for now, though he's going to need 5s soon). My mother often finds incredible sales at Marshall Fields, and that stuff is pretty reliable.

Also... I load up on the 4th of July tees and shorts you can get at Target & Old Navy.

Enjoy your summer!
    JT
    Jacob 01/2000
    Daniel 08/2002

elf Guest

I buy a lot of Land's End, and I too buy it ahead a season on clearance. I also shop the used baby stores - I don't worry too much about stains, because I know we'll be adding our own. ;)

I have mixed results with Circo/Target. Some of the knit stuff holds up well and is quite cute. I've also had good luck with pants. Other times I go in the store and run away screaming because all the styles are so creepy.

I also like Sears' house line (TKS basics) of knit wear. It holds up as well as anything else, and is a great price.

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

He mostly wears his nice stuff, and I use bibs at meals (he's 2 1/2 and a very neat eater). If we are doing something I expect to be messy then he wears something from Target or the like. I just cross my fingers and try shout or zout on the stains. And *gasp* some of his hanna is stained. Oh well...I guess #2 will have nicer get-dirty clothing. LOL.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3