trumansmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Shoe size questions

DS wears an 8 1/2 in a Stride-rite shoe. We somehow have managed to lose his sandals, and need to get some ASAP. Since I'm sure they are going to show up the second we buy a new pair, I was thinking about hitting the sale sandals at Baby Gap. However, with a half size, do you normally size up or down? I bought the 8 1/2 instead of the 8's so they would get him through the summer, and I seem to recall Gap shoes run largish. Do you think we could get away with an 8? I won't have him with me when I get them, so I can't try them on in the store. (That child will be 26 before I ever attempt a mall with him again!!)

Thanks!
    Jeanne
    Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and Eleanor 4/14/04

Default RE: Shoe size questions

I think you could get by with an 8. However, when in doubt, buy both an 8 & 9 and just take back whichever doesn't fit.
    Candy

Matthew 5/02
    Ethan 10/07
    Praying for Pink in 2013/2014

atlbaby Guest

Sorry about the lost sandals! :( I've only bought Baby Gap shoes once, but they were larger than the SR ones (for us at least). They were a size 6 tennis shoe and they lasted well into Arielle needing a size 7 in SR shoes later that fall. So I'd try the size 8.

HTH,

-Rachel
    Mom to Arielle, 10/30/01
    and Daliya, 10/27/03

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Colin wears a 7.5 in Stride Rite and wears an 8 in the Baby Gap sandals, and they don't seem too big for him. I always thought that the rule of thumb (for adult shoes) was to size up if you are in between...
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

I usually size up too, even though BabyGap shoes do run a wee big for Kathleen's feet.

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Do you have a Stride Rite Outlet nearby? Just a thought...I like the BabyGap Velcro sneakers, but the sandals always have seemed stiff for my tastes (I've not checked out this season in person, though).