Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    redhookmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default What are undershirts for?

OK, boys/men wear them under their shirts. Why?

My brothers/Dad always wore them so it just looks right to me but what purpose do they serve? Extra warmth?

Molly
    pack of kids ranging from age 1 to age 13

jbrandy is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default RE: What are undershirts for?

We just use them to sleep in. DS wears an undershirt to sleep in the summer and an undershirt and shorts/pants to sleep in the spring/fall. Occasionally on a REALLY cold day maybe under a shirt during the day. It really doesn't get that cold in MD so...we don't use them under a shirt very often.

Beth B
    Evan 4-4-03

trumansmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My DH wears them because he says they actually keep him cooler in the summer. They wick away sweat or something. In the winter he likes the extra layer for warmth.

I put them on DS to sleep in during the summer, and for an extra layer in the winter. We live in South Dakota, so every layer counts!

I used to date a guy who wore them so the hair on his chest didn't show through his dress shirts. Probably not a big toddler issue. At least I hope not! :P

HTH-
    Jeanne
    Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and Eleanor 4/14/04

muskiesusan is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My husband says the same thing as Jeanne. Plus, they protect his dress shirts from sweat stains. He wears them under everything, even t-shirts.

Now that I am used to him wearing them, I must say when I see a man w/o one, especially in a suit, I don't think they look as nice. I think the undershirts also help with how a shirts hangs, KWIM?

Susan
    Mom to Nick 10/01/01
    & Alex 04/27/04

My DH wears them for the same reasons! He is a HUGE sweater...don't know why! All of his shirts seem to get sweat stains.

I put them on DS in the colder months, for extra warmth. Can't wait until he moves into the 2T Hanes undershirts. They are too cute!
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

cara1 Guest

I was planning on using them for warmth next fall/winter, instead of a onesie, since DS is too big for onesies now. But where do you find undershirts in a 2T??

We bought Hanes T-shirts in a 2T at Target. But they seemed to run small to me, or at least really short. I prefer using the Gerber T-shirts in a Large instead. DH thinks they look to babyish, so DS wears either one, depending on who is dressing him!

Jeanne

muskiesusan is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We used the Hanes 2T over the winter, but they run small and shrink pretty badly. So, we were actually using the 4Ts.

Susan
    Mom to Nick 10/01/01
    & Alex 04/27/04

Thanks for the heads up. I am going to buy a pack and try them on DS since he wears the Gerber large now and they fit pretty well. I guess I should get him a 3T then?
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

DS wears a Gerber L and has 2T Hanes and the Hanes are REALLY snug! You might want to skip all the way to a 4T. And if the 4T is still too big, you can save them for later. If you got a 3T and it shrunk too much, you would just be out of luck. KWIM?

We'll be skipping the 3T completely.

Jeanne

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast