Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default RE: Socks with sandals: yes or no?

DS has these : http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/1429889/c/5404.html . The woman at Stride Rite suggested that he wear socks with them the first time out. He wore them to church on Sunday with navy socks and pants. It looked ok. He will not be wearing them with socks anymore...

I also would reconsider the style for your little one. You are going to want something closed toe and a bit more supportive. Check out the guppy style- very cute!!
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

Alanasmama Guest

Me personally no.

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

No, no, no, no, no, no, NO. Summer's over, I knmow. But for next year, when the sandals are out in March and April and you have to buy them now ... which I totally get, cuz that's me! ... I'd try to wait. I'm a big fashion person, and my son is always in Stylin' Baby mode. Socks with sandals are a fashion faux-pas for EVERYONE. Now, if it was a blister thing and his feet were not doing well in the sandals, I'd recommend finding a new pair of sandals, not putting socks on so he can wear them. If it's to protect his feet, I'd just forget sandals altogether and go with shoes. I haven't been to stride rite for my little guy yet (I really should, I know), so I"m not sure what the difference is in having them break in sandals with socks or having the sandals fit slightly looser to begin with, but I'm not an expert, so considering me as a total non-expert, I would never put socks on my little guy with sandals.

2manykids Guest

It just looks so nerdy to wear socks with open toed sandals. Closed toe is a better look, though. I used to be the buyer for a upper end department store in the shoe department and just never got used to the look. Julie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2