Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    muskiesusan is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Favorite toddler shoe brand?

Now that Nick is getting older, I seem to be having trouble finding shoes I like. What are your favorites?

Susan
    Mom to Nick 10/01
    & Alex 04/04

Default RE: Favorite toddler shoe brand?

DD has wide feet, so I stick with Stride Rites at the outlet, on ebay, or with a coupon code at shoebuy.com . I also like the Nikes at Kohl's or Elefanten (soon being discontinued) on ebay.

alkagift is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DS is wearing a 9 now, soon to be wearing a 10, so I feel your pain. I am still hanging with SR for now, and he's got a pair of Elefantens for dress. I might go with Naturino for dress shoes if I need to. For sneakers he's wearing navy Keds right now and we like those--he prefers them too, because they are comfy and flexible.

I'll admit I have a pair of Red Converse high tops I bought at Marshalls because they struck me as funny. They're a size 10 and I'm waiting for them to fit in the winter. They look so neat on!

Allison
    Mommy to Matthew Clayton, who is TWO!

schums is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DS wears either Willits or Max Silver tennis shoes. Both have the light up designs on the sides. They are great shoes, well made, fit wide feet, and are pretty flexible. His sandals this summer are Willits also -- very cushy. DD is wearing x-wide Stride Rite tennis shoes and Nina sandals. For dress shoes, we go to Payless, since they carry wide kids shoes, and my kids don't wear dress shoes very often (weddings, major holidays, etc.)

Sarah
    Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)

emmiem is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I like Primigi, Shoe Be Do, Elephanten (hard to find now that they are out of business), De Osu, Converse, and Stride Rite. Try Zappos.com, they have a ton of choices with free shipping and free return shipping as well.
    Michele
    Mama to three girls

We are stuck in Stride Rite land now. DS measures an 8.5 at SR, and depending on the shoe, sometimes a wide. I guess I am going to start hitting Zappos.com although I recently saw a children's shoe store in Raleigh that peaked my interest. I am just sick of Stride Rite!
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

Default Oops! Double post

Sorry!
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

zuzu is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Depending on the season and the sytle, here are some brands we've liked:

Jumping Jacks
    Keds
    Naturino
    Ecco
    Merrell
    Elefanten (now Umi, though we've only had one pair of those and had to send them back for loose stiching - hopefully a fluke!)
    I also like some of the Primigi styles, though we haven't owned any yet

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

SO DD is only 13 months, walking for the last 2 months so her shoe collection is trying to catch up to mine! The new toddler shoes I discovered and absolutely love thanks to the BBB coop is See Kai Run (SKR). I have 3 pairs of closed toe sandals and 1 boot for winter. DD has a pair of Nike's, thanks to DH, very comfy and durable. We also have some water shoes and teva wannabes from Target, which are great for swimming/the lake. I just went to visit a Stride Rite outlet and they have a good selection of shoes but not much in stock. It was such a tease! The sales rep did manage to find 1 out of the 4 shoes I wanted for DD. I guess size 5M is popular! I did find some Keds but they seemed really heavy. I just ordered some Pedoodles? from another coop, look very similar to SKR.

:)

K
    DD#1 05/09

We mainly have Stride Rite, but in the fall DS had a pair of Jumping Jacks from the Perfection line and I really liked them. They had an anti-scuff toe that really worked and held up very well to DS's abuse.
    Mommy to Justin (13 years) & Ashlyn (8 years)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast