Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default RE: Favorite toddler shoe brand?

new balance, stride rite, tarty, right step & minibel ..i like the look of some of the preschooler naturino shoes but have yet to try any ;)

Mom2Miri Guest

Elefanten, Naturino, Stride Rite for sneakers

Really hoped I'd like Umi to replace Elefanten but so far, they haven't fit as well for us.

Helen & Mirielle 2/25/03

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif[/img][/url] 27 months and counting

Naturinos ROCK but they are pricey - we have a wide foot, high instep problem in this house and these really fit well. For my son (elephant foot!), Naturinos have been hands down the best shoes. He also wears Puma tennis shoes, good for high instep. They just fit his feet.

I have not had the best luck with SR for either my son or daughter...I did have GREAT LUCK with Zappos.com and got a pair of dusty blue Columbia sandals - such great selection. I highly recommend them!

Jennifer
    Proud SAHM to Graham (1/02) and Genevieve (4/04)

rclasco Guest

I use to buy my son Stride Rite. However, I got tired of their limited styles & colors. Now I buy Merrell & LL Bean with Merrell being my favorite.

kaos127 Guest

Phoebe's feet are very small--she turned two in July and is just moving into a 6, so many styles are not small enough. Anyway, my husband is a die-hard Ecco's fan, so we tried them for her--great results. We had been buying Preschoolians, but since they stopped the hard soled shoes, we needed another option. Ecco's run about the same price, and they are also very good quality. She had a fisherman-style shoe for the summer to go with her Land's End sandals, and I just ordered a Mary Jane style for the Fall. Ordered both pairs from Nordstrom.com.

Kelly

veneto Guest

>Phoebe's feet are very small--she turned two in July and is
    >just moving into a 6, so many styles are not small enough.

My daughter also has very small feet; she's 2.5 and still in a six. She generally wears her shoes out before she outgrows them.

That being said, the only brand of shoe that she hasn't been able to wear out are Vans. The Vans.com site has a good selection of toddler sneakers... ties, velcro, and even Spicoli-esque checkerboard slip-ons. They also have half-sizes in most (if not all) of their toddler shoes. For general running around and playground wear, they seem to hold up better than anything else for her, and they wash very well.

For water shoes and sandals, we like Teva and Land's End. We also like Land's End for rain boots and their all-weather slip-on mocs. The best winter shoes we've had for her were Timberland boots (she didn't wear those out), but I think that they discontinued the style because I've never found them again.

secaleca Guest

I have a 2 year old and found the BEST shoes. I bought them at a shoe party, but I think you can also buy them online at: www.livieandluca.com

From a former Robeez and Stride Rite customer...these shoes are SUPER CUTE, but even more important they are super flexible and soft.

Serena

SewSarahSew Guest

How did you find the fit on these shoes? Narrow, wide? I'm having a hard time figuring our their sizing in general. They have sizes 13 - 18. Amelia wears a 24 in preschoolians, so I'm guessing these are way too small for us.

bunnisa is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

>We mainly have Stride Rite, but in the fall DS had a pair of
    >Jumping Jacks from the Perfection line and I really liked
    >them. They had an anti-scuff toe that really worked and held
    >up very well to DS's abuse.

PSA: Do NOT do a google search just on "jumping jacks" (leaving out "shoes") because you aren't paying attention. That is, unless you're interested in nude women doing jumping jacks! LOL

Bethany
    mom to one and one on the way!
    http://lilypie.com/days/060226/0/8/1/-6/.png
    "And children are always a good thing, devoutly to be wished for and fiercely to be fought for."
    -J. Torres

HawkeyeGal Guest

I love Stride Rite. We have one in town and they are awesome fitting DS. They are pricy, but we only do one pair until he outgrows them. I'm sure it will be different with DD - girls need more shoes, right? LOL!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast