Thread: Lands End Boots

chays is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Lands End Boots

Does anyone know how these run? My son currently wears a Stride Rite 8XW sneaker and they measured us for a size 10 Cold Front Boot (I am not sure that is right, but that's not the point). I would like to try and order him Lands End boots but I don't want to bother if they run narrow. In socks, I just measured him at 2 3/4" wide!
    Thanks.
    chays

DS1 2003
    DD 2006
    DS2 2009

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: Lands End Boots

DS has wide feet, and the LE boots seemed to be fine for him last year. Boots are cut a little wider to allow for heavier socks. Plus, if you size up to the next whole size, you get some additional width there.

Though FWIW, many Sears stores are carrying 1-2 styles of LE winter boots, so you can have him try them on there (or bring a few home to try on) without paying shipping.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

SewSarahSew Guest

Default RE: Lands End Boots

We had got these Lands End Snow Flurry boots for Daniel last winter at Sears:

He has always worn stride rite extra wide shoes. I think he was in a size 12XW last year. These boots worked great for him, they *were* wide enough. The best part is that the boot opens up really wide, so it's much easier to get their foot all the way in. I highly recommend them!