Default Shoe Fitting Frequency??

Hi Mommies/Daddies out there. How often do you take your toddlers in to have their feet measured? I took my DD to SR about 3.5 months ago and it seems like she has grown out of her shoes already. Not sure how often I need to take her in for a fitting. Thanks!

kedss is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Shoe Fitting Frequency??

I would take her to get measured when it gets really hard to get her shoes on, if it seems like it hurts her to walk around in them, I'd see if she's moved up to a different size.

Kate
    mom to C, 12/03, H, 06/08 and R, 4/11

"When a woman says "What?" It's not because she didn't hear you. Its because she's giving you a chance to change what you said." ~Author Unknown(posting on FB)

"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing." ~Phyllis Diller

DS's feet grow so fast that I check weekly where his toes are.

Kathleen
    Mommy to Alex
    04/29/04

stefani is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have a shoe measuring device from One Step Ahead. So I measure DS's feet about once a month. Then periodically I take him in to get his feet measured, to make sure that I am measuring him correctly.

Stefani

Mommy to DS born 5 Sep 03

I also have the foot measurer from One Step Ahead, and it's been really helpful. I can pull it out and check my kids' feet anytime I start wondering if they've grown. Saves me a trip to a shoe store, and lets me order online with less worry.
    The above sounds like I'm writing an advertisment, but it's a little thing that I've bought that turned out to be worth it!

kgoble78 Guest

Whenever they seem to get snug. I know my daughter went up 1 1/2 shoe sizes in 1 month so no "fixed" amt of time to measure again will work. They have spurts. I have heard when a shoe spurt happens then a body growth spurt is coming soon. I read that in a parenting mag but can't remember which one.

s7714 is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I bought a measuring device to have at home as well.
    http://brannock.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.c...31516400030611
    Saves having to go in to a store for just to be measured, but I always feel my DDs' shoes on a weekly basis to see how they're fitting anyway. Just because they measure a size 5 doesn't mean all size 5 shoes fit right, iykwim.

Jennifer
    Mommy to
    Miss Pure Energy 3/03
    Miss Antsy-Pants 6/05

Calling fellow BBB SoCal moms...we'd love to meet you!
    (100 posts & BBB member for 3 months req'd)
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/babybargainssocal/