Thread: royal potty?

lauren Guest

Default royal potty?

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the Fisher-Price Royal Potty?? My son is 22 months and it's about time for us to get a potty chair. I haven't seen any reviews of this chair anywhere & am just wondering if anyone has it & what your thoughts are about it...

Thanks!
    Lauren

jsisemore Guest

Default RE: royal potty?

We're just wrapping up a lo-o-o-ong potty training with our daughter and tried a few different potty seats during this time, so I hope I can help.

We didn't personally try the Royal Potty, so I can't actually speak from experience with this potty. However, from looking at it, I'm a bit concerned about the design where the pot is actually under the seat. It looks like you may get some splashing back that would make this seat harder to clean.

I do, however, love the quality of most Fisher Price products, so I think it's a good choice there.

If you haven't already made your purchase, please check out the Baby Bjorn Potty Chair. It has a one piece pot that removes easily, plus it is more comfortable and chair-like, similar to the Royal Potty. It is around $2 more than the Royal Potty, but you may save more than that on batteries in the long run. In our house, this potty was the favorite of mom and dad (for cleaning) and daughter by far!

If you've already purchased this potty, please don't let my note discourage you. I like the design (not a lot of grooves to catch mess) and sturdiness of the Royal Potty better than most of them out there. Good luck with this time in your child's life - I know it can be a trying one!

June

Default RE: royal potty?

I bought it and thank goodness the batteries wore out! It would play the music everytime my dd shifted her bottom! I don't think her butt is that skinny, but it sank in enought that it kept setting off the sensor! She thought it was cool, but it didn't really encourage her to go. Also, she thought it was fun to remove the cup while sitting there...Not good!