MI MOM Guest

Default BEST POTTY TRAINING BOOKS FOR PARENTS?

Hi,

I am starting to feel the pressure to get started with potty training my 2 yr old DD because I really want her to go to nursery school in the fall. (no pull-ups allowed...very insensitive!)

I would greatly appreciate recommendations on potty training books. Or books to stay away from.

Thank you very much!

MI MOM

emmiem is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: BEST POTTY TRAINING BOOKS FOR PARENTS?

I want my 3 year old to go to preschool in the fall as well so I understand the pressure. However, try not to rush it! I have several older children and they will potty train when they are ready. With my oldest, we had start and stops 3 times. However, I llike Potty Training for dummies.
    Emmie

brubeck Guest

I first tried the Azrin & Foxx book (Toilet Teaching in Less Than a Day) and it wasn't very successful for me. I then picked up the Parent's Book of Toilet Teaching (as in Parent's Magazine) and found that it had a lot of helpful stuff. It's also a small mass-market paperback so it's not too expensive.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I jusr finished "Toilet Training without Tears" and I found it helful. Of course, we haven't really started potty training yet, but I now feel secure enough to try, LOL! :)

Check your local library. Mine has stacks of books on toilet training.

Edited to add: I just finished another one (it was really short), called "Toilet Training" by Vicki Lansky. I thought it was terrific! A very short, practical how-to guide!

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)