Kimberly H Guest

Default Pampers Cruisers ?? (xpost)

I asked this in the BBB Diapers forum and got no replies, but I know it's mostly CD moms and as a 'sposie mom, I hardly go in there. Any help would be appreciated!
    I've been using Wal*Mart's DriBottoms for Mia since she came home and they've worked well but since she's been walking, the thickness between the legs bothers me. She was outgrowing her size 3's and the size 4's we use for nighttime just didn't fit right.

I had a sample of the Pampers Cruisers in a size 3 and tried it. It fit her well, I like the trimness in the crotch, and it held the wetness well. She's a really heavy water drinker, thus wetter.

Today was the first day we've had her out and about in the Cruisers, having just run out of her DriBottoms, and it seems as soon as she wets at all, the diaper feels gushy and somewhat full. Yet this normally wouldn't affect the DriBottoms diaper much at all.

Her skin felt nearly dry, even after 1.5 hours in a diaper, so they're really absorbent, they just feel "full" so quickly.

Is this just a Pampers thing?

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: Pampers Cruisers ?? (xpost)

Have you continued to experience this? Or was it a one time thing? I don't use Cruisers, but I use BabyDry and Luvs and have not really noticed what you are experiencing. You may just be feeling the difference between the two types of outer covers.

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

I've noticed this too when I compare them to Huggies - the Cruisers get squishy feeling when wet, even with just a little bit. Here's my thought - They put a lot more gel balls in the cruisers to absorb better without the bulk of cotton filling it up, hence the trimness. With other diapers I think they add more cotton/less gel balls so when they are wet, the cotton makes them feel less squishy - it's like there is a barrier of cotton in there, so you don't feel the squishy gel balls that have soaked up the urine. Unlike the cruisers, which I think has very little cotton (or whateever material it is they use in diapers) Does that make any sense?!!!

We did have some major issues with the cruisers, but I realised I was tightening the tabs too much, which I think left gaps in the leg causing leaking. Who would have thought that loosening the diaper in the waste would help with leaks! I am now loving the cruisers, they feel much nicer and are less bulky!!

Lisa

luvbeinmama Guest

YES! They do that. I use cruisers all the time with DD (esp in the summer) and that's pretty standard. The BabyDry Pampers don't do that, but the cover is less cloth-like, too. I've used Huggies Supreme, Pampers BabyDry, and Huggies Overnights, and the Cruisers are the only ones that really do that. I think that the PP's idea is probably close to correct and I think the outer layer has some affect on it, too.

brubeck Guest

I have used cruisers almost exclusively with DD and DS and they do feel more squishy even with only a little wet. When they really need to be changed you will see them droop significantly in the middle (amking it look like they have a real load in their pants). That's a better indicator than the feel!

Kimberly H Guest

Thank you!!

Mia's had a cold and we're pumping her full of water, which she loves anyway. Well, when I got her up this morning, I had her in my arms carrying her to the window to open the blinds and felt wetness. Apparently when I squeezed her, her diaper was so soaked that it ran out of the diaper and onto us.

ewwwwwwwwwwww :)

JakesMom Guest

We are big fans of the Cruisers. My kids have really sensitive skin, so these are the best for them in preventing diaper rash. I do notice "puffiness" in the diaper, and occasionally will go to change it only to find it the teeniest bit wet, but that's a small price for me to pay in Danny's comfort! The only time we have leakage problems is if he's outgrowing a size.

Best wishes,
    JT

Chris Guest

Sorry I didn't have time to read the other posts, but yes, I think it is a Pampers thing. I'm one of the ones that doesn't like the new cruisers (the ones with the purple stripes on the legs). They changed, oh, I don't know, 6 months ago? Used to be thicker and in my mind, didn't seem so heavy so soon. They sag quickly, I think. I've had trouble with them bursting and Pampers, while quick to send coupons for my calls, is also quick to suggest that I don't change her often enough because the absorbency of the new ones is supposed to be the same as the old ones or better, maybe. I do like the elasticity though.

I use Luvs. Not as nice and flexible but they work and aren't so expensive. I tried dri bottoms early on when she was breastfed and they leaked-haven't tried them since.

Also, please call Pampers and share your concerns. You'll likely get free coupons (I got some that were for entire free packages of diapers) and more importantly, maybe they'll take notice.

Hope this helps.