colleenfs is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Pull Ups vs. Easy Ups

Is there a preference, or are the pretty much the same? I prefer Pampers to Huggies diapers.

I do have a box of the new Pampers Feel and Learn, but I don't think we're quite ready for them yet.

TIA!
    ~Colleen
    Mama to Julia 1-10-02

brubeck Guest

Default RE: Pull Ups vs. Easy Ups

I got a bag of Pull-Ups to use for free. I HATED them (although DD liked the Disney designs on them). They were similar to the Huggies swim diapers which is to say that they don't hold much.

Now perhaps you are looking for a training pant that doesn't hold much. But in those cases we used the Gerber cotton training pants (ie: during the day). We mainly used the disposeables at night because there were ALWAYS accidents at night. And the Pull-Ups couldn't even hold in one accident. We also used the Easy-Ups for outings before DD could 'hold it'.

If you want absorbency (and that's really the only reason to use the disposeables) then Easy Ups ROCK! :)

BTW, BOTH brands are difficult to pull up (despite what the names imply). Even when I bought a size bigger they still were sticky (ie: clung to the legs) but the Easy-Ups were SLIGHTLY better in this regard.

Just to be completely honest, I have never liked ANY of the Huggies products (I'm a complete Pampers Mom) but am forced to use their swim diapers since Pampers doesn't make them. :(

colleenfs is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I agree with you. I really dislike Huggies, and we are Pampers all the way! We, too, suffer with the swim dipes since there is no other (disposable) choice.

We're not really ready for "training" pants at all. I wanted to use a pull up type of diaper on Julia for when we are out and need to do a stand up change. She is too big to lie down for a diaper change, and I am no good at doing it standing up! I tried Pull Ups with her a few times, but she gets soooo wet that they were saturated in minutes. Maybe I'll try the Pampers version if they hold more liquid.

Thanks for the info.
    ~Colleen
    Mama to Julia 1-10-02

I've used both, i find pampers are softer and less paper-like...
    .:)

~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/...blobflower.gif

http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-ppstrollers

caleymama is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I prefer the Easy Ups. We also like Pampers better than Huggies in general. The Pull-Ups are thinner and crinklier and they are not as absorbant as the Easy Ups. I also prefer the more neutral designs on the Easy Ups - I didn't like having to choose between pink & blue for the Pull-Ups. We haven't tried any of the newer Feel and Learn products yet.
    mama to 2 lovely and loving DDs