Hi -

I'm just going to vent before I start in with my questions in another post. Can someone commiserate about this situation? Maeve is going to a "2-day 2's" program at a nursery school in the fall (on the 2 days a week, she goes for 2 1/2 hours in the a.m.) I was a little nervous that she's going to "school" at just 26 mos, but she's absolutely ready - she's independent, incredibly verbal, and can already do the entire alphabet, colors, numbers to 20, etc. I think she'll loving going to a classroom to have her own world.

BUT, I'M SO IRRITATED. They will not accept a child in regular diapers, must be pull ups. She doesn't have to be fully trained..yet..., BUT:

1) It's somewhat difficult to switch her into pullups without explaining why - she is SO savvy and verbal at 25 mos that she is on top of any changes we make to her routine. She is, in fact, resisting them a little, because she's been forced into a change that doesn't make sense to her.

2) They are not nearly as absorbent as regular diapers which can be a problems for my beverage-hound (pees a ton) and vegetable-loving (poos 3 times/day) girl.

3) She's only now getting used to pulling her own shorts/pants up and really isn't even able to do it well. Pulling up a pull up is totally unrealistic, especially because to get them up, I have to stand her up, tell her to hold onto my shoulders, and yank them up (which is another reason I suspect she's resisting them).

4) From all I've read, using a pull-up only gives them an extension of the diaper concept, which she could be using for a couple months. That means that I'll have a heck of a time when I go to tell her that you are supposed to hold it in pullups, so I'll have to go straight to training pants.

5) She's so active that the whole thing is just not conducive to spending hours at the park. The pull ups just don't hang in there, but I have to start using them.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.......

I wanted to wait until she was really interested in potty training. That's what everyone tells me is a real key to success. She has asked and been on the real potty before (I'll put this in my "ask questions" post), but now I feel forced to move ahead and don't want it to drag, drag, drag on. I have a 6-mo old who I'm going to have to take with me on my hip everytime I have to run to the potty with Maeve!!! Plus, I'm irritated that I'll begin the process in the fall which is not as easy as summer clothes in terms of on and off.

Anyone else deal with and did you just sigh and plunge ahead? Did you find that you were able to make the leap in a reasonable amount of time?

OK, thanks for the opportunity to share. I'll be posting with my real questions next b/c I guess there is nothing to do but move ahead!

Alexa