What does it mean when your kid doesn't want to wear a diaper anymore? My DD is 21 months and we have her potty set up. She just sits on it diaperless after she wakes in the morning, after naps, and before she gets in the tub. She's had a few pee-pees in it and one poop. But lately DD has been screaming to get her diaper off. She pushes her pants down and tries to push down the Easy Up or unfasten the velcro. She'd rather run around diaperless. She sometimes screams to get it off right before bed, in which case I just put on a new diaper, usually an Easy-Up because they're harder for her to take off.

Today she was watching something on TV (Clifford?) and just unfastened her diaper, walked over to the garbage can under the kitchen sink, threw it in the garbage, and went back to the family room to finish the show. No screaming, no announcements, no comments to me. It was really cute but confusing to me.

Before dinner she took off her diaper again and I just let her eat dinner diaperless. She was very happy. Do you think she's trying to tell me something? Or is it a control thing? Should we start full-on potty training with training pants (what are these anyway?!?)Any advice?