22tango Guest

Default HELP!!! She keeps removing her diaper!

I seem to have an escape artist on my hands. She'll do anything to take her diaper off. She can take it off without removing her pants and has figured out snaps on onesies. I'm getting tired of finding she's peed all over the bed each morning or during her nap!! :( It doesn't matter if I keep checking until she's fallen asleep because she'll be quiet once she wakes and remove it to pee and then let me know she's up.

Any other suggestions I could try???

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: HELP!!! She keeps removing her diaper!

Duct tape?

Seriously, it might be a sign that she is ready to potty train - if she knows that she has to pee and removes the dipe to do it. Have you tried approaching the problem from that direction?
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

brubeck Guest

I agree that it might be a sign to start potty training. Show her that it IS acceptable to pee outside of the diaper as long as it is in the potty. You never know, it might work and your pottying might be quick and easy. It's worth a shot.

But if that's not the case, here are some things that worked when my DD tried the same thing. Keep in mind that they all only worked TEMPORARILY. She eventually figured out all of these (including duct tape as the previous poster suggested) and I just had to teach her that it was not okay (the same way we taught her it was not okay to play with the garbage).

Put onesies on backwards (the snaps are in the back and harder to reach).

Layer and put on 2 onesies (one backwards one forwards).

Use pull up type diapers (such as Pampers First Steps) that have no velcro tabs. If you do this make sure you NEVER rip the diaper off (ripping down the sides) or your DD will figure out that she can do this too.

Put the diaper on backwards.

The one thing that did work always was the blanket sleeper method. Get some blanket sleepers with no feet. Make sure they have the little snap cover for the top of the zipper. Then put them on the child backwards. I have not heard of a child yet that can undo a zipper on their back. It's hard enough for us adults and we have better proportions for it!

Good luck!

22tango Guest

LOL Duct tape!!! :D

Thanks for the ideas. We've been starting to potty train, but she's just not that interested in it. It's certainly the way to go eventually, but it's good to have a few other solutions for the interim.

I'd wondered about pull-ups...and hadn't even considered backwards onesies, etc. I'll have to try some of your suggestions!!! THANK YOU! :)