Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default RE: Leaking through at night

Late reply....sorry.:) A friend's little boy wet through at night all the time. What they did was use Huggie's overnights PLUS the rubber(or whatever it's really made of) underpants used for potty training over that. It worked really well. Maybe if you(or family) could find some "girly" ones, your daughter wouldn't mind them so much. Since it has been a while since your original post, how's it going now? Good luck!
    ~Leslie

SAHM to...
    Ryan 8/14/00
    Matthew 2/14/03

raynjen Guest

Well, I think that reducing the liquids is helping more than anything else... At first she was complaining about being thirsty, but I think that was a combination of having a cold and the heater finally coming on here at night. Now she seems to have adjusted to having less liquids at night (she basically gets as much as she wants, but I don't allow straws after 3pm so she no longer uses it as a comfort technique). We are keeping our fingers crossed at this point. We will be visiting the states in March, so I might buy a couple of big packs of Huggies overnights then...
    Jen in Okinawa
    Mom to a wonderful preschooler,
    who just turned three, Noelle!

westgre Guest

I hate to damper the idea of Huggies Overnites, but if your daughter is in a size 5 Pampers, she most likely will not fit in a size 5 Huggies. Huggies run about 1 size smaller. My daughter outgrew the size 5 Huggies and we have been battling waking up wet also. It's a shame those Overnites don't come in size 6!
    I'm contemplating buying some hemp inserts to put in her diaper at night. I tried the double diapering and she was just as wet as before. I may also put a cover on at night. Other than that, I'm completely out of ideas.
    Gretchen & Lyra (12/30/02)

colleenfs is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default I have a solution!!

Sorry to chime in so late, but I don't check over here too often.

Julia is also a super soaker at nighttime, and we have found a solution. Maxi pads don't work, but we have been very successful with Poise or Depends pads. I get the 2nd longest size and pop them in Julia's dipe at night. No leaks at all!

Hope this helps.

~Colleen
    Mama to Julia 1-10-02
    Jumping Bean due 7-23-05!
    http://lilypie.com/baby4/020110/3/4/0/-5/.png

http://lilypie.com/days/050723/0/25/1/+10/.png

raynjen Guest

Default RE: I have a solution!!

Sounds like a really good idea - think I can get DH to buy them? I don't relish the thought of checking out of the store with THOSE in my basket =)!

Jen in Okinawa
    Mom to a wonderful preschooler,
    who just turned three, Noelle!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2