Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    raynjen Guest

Default Leaking through at night

Anyone have a suggestion for a really super soaker diaper? Noelle is potty-trained during the day, but wears a diaper at night. She soaks through a diaper 3-4 times a week (soaking the bedding and herself). I moved her up a size to a #5 Pampers Premium but she still soaks through. I have tried reducing the amount of liquids she gets after 3pm (only offering liquids in a cup without a straw) but then she wakes up several times a night complaining that she is thirsty.

We are limited in what we can get over here, but I can look around (and maybe have grandma and grandpa ship something).

Jen in Okinawa
    Mom to a wonderful preschooler,
    who just turned three, Noelle!

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: Leaking through at night

Have you tried size 6? My DD was wearing size 6 for about a year before she trained. Not because of size, but because she needed the extra absorbancy!

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

trumansmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DS has always had that problem as well. The only thing that has worked for us is Huggies Overnight diapers. We rarely have leaks with them.

I've also heard of people putting inserts or maxi pads inside a diaper for extra absorbency, but we've not tried that.

Good luck. Leaking is NO fun!

Jeanne
    Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

jennifer-j Guest

Another idea is to put two diapers on. Put the second one right over the first. This worked very well for my neighbor.

raynjen Guest

I already moved her up to a size 5 for this reason! She is really a size 4 in terms of fit/weight! Thanks for the suggestion though!

Jen in Okinawa

raynjen Guest

I wish we had the Huggies Overnight diapers here. I might try and have my dad ship some...

I have heard about the maxi pad thing, but I was a little skeptical. I'll try that tonight as I have a few extra...

Thanks!

Jen in Okinawa

slknight is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DS is a super soaker. We tried the maxi pad thing. It seemed to work a bit better than just a regular diaper, but was kind of hit or miss. We started double-diapering him at night and it's working great. He's in Pampers size 5. We cloth diaper during the day, but since he's such a soaker, haven't even attempted it at night. HTH. Try two diapers!

raynjen Guest

I think I will! DH looked at me like I was crazy when I suggested it, so we went with a Maxi tonight. We'll see how that works. On the plus side she didn't notice the 'extra' bit to her diaper. One of my concerns it that she will object to two diapers (normally I wouldn't be that concerned, but she has been sooo emotional lately!)

Jen in Okinawa

daisy Guest

Another thing to try is changing her (while she's still asleep) before you go to bed. My husband thinks I'm nuts for risking disturbing him, but it's a lot nicer than waking up to a soaking wet child in the early a.m.

raynjen Guest

I'm sitting here feeling like a fool! How could I have NOT thought of that? My daughter is a really heavy sleeper (thus the not potty trained at night aspect) so I could easily change her diaper at night! Thanks!

Jen
    Mom to Noelle who is reading!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast