JustMare Guest

Default Bath toys for 14 month old.

We have stacking cups and an assortment of duck and fish plastic toys. I'm looking for something a little bit more exciting to play with in the tub. DS LOVES to splash and really enjoys tub time.

Any good/fun tub toys out there??

Thanks!
    Mare

momtoB is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default RE: Bath toys for 14 month old.

We recently went to the beach and I let my ds use his plastic beach toys in the tub and he loves them. Really cheap too since I got them at the dollar store. I also bought some Crayola soap crayons and he likes to color in the tub with those. They were at BRU in the same aisle as the toothbrushes and stuff. And of course there are always the foam alphabet letters. DS has always loved playing with those. You just have to really supervise with them if your ds is like mine and loves to put everything in his mouth. Could be a choking hazzard if they bit a chunk off and swallowed, but I have found they're pretty sturdy and haven't had a problem with that. I do discourage him from biting on them though, just in case.

ETA: We also recently found soap crayons and ds loves those too. Crayola makes them but there are other brands (I just can't think of right now!) I actually bought a Crayola set that included foaming hand soap at Costco and I think they're still selling it currently.

hth!

MelanieS Guest

Hello,

My DD is 18 months, and for some time now, we have discovered that almost anything that can get wet is a great bath toy! While we do have the usual bath toys that squirt and float, her current favorites are things from which and into which she can pour the bath water. My MIL sent her a huge teapot filled with plastic cups, pitchers, plates, utencils, etc. The cups and pitchers are always in the tub, now that she has learned how to pour. When we travel, I don't stress over taking bath toys, just ask our familes for things around the house such as plastic containers.

- Melanie

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My son loved the Sassy ABC and numbers that stick to the wall. He had a lot of fun looking for the different letters/numbers or colors.

We ran into the same issue couple months ago. I eneded up getting DD water books (baby einstein) and a sink from Sassy. They also have a car wash which might be more appealing to a boy. Also yogurt containers of any size have been a big hit.
    K
    DD#1 05/09

trumansmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Hmm. I want to be careful and not cross a line, but I'm sell Do Re Me & You! products. It's a division of Kindermusik, and we have some pretty darn cool bath products. If you are interested, please email me and i'll contact you off boards.

Hope I didn't break the vendor rule here! If so, I'm really sorry!

Jeanne
    Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04
    Independent Consultant, Do-Re-Me & You!

alkagift is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Sassy has a fun line of things, for the most part. In any case, DS loves anything that bubbles or makes noise.

My son likes these:
    http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/27007.jpg

My nephew liked these at your child's age and still does, I think:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/27008.jpg

Allison
    Mommy to Matthew Clayton, who is TWO!

DS loves his speed boats. They are the kind for the beach or the pool but he could care less. If I let him, he would spend hours in the tub with these things. I bought them at the Dollar General. I saw Target had some boats in their sand toy section.
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

zuzu is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Of the things mentioned, Sarah really enjoyed her Sassy numbers and letters set, bath book, and the net with the fish at that age (and still does!), Some things we pull out occasionally are bath crayons and paint. She loves these, so we only use them when we can let her stay in there a long time. Though not a toy, tthe tablets that color the bathwater can be fun too.

Someone said anything that can get wet is great for the tub, and I agree. We've improvised while travelling and have done well with things like corks, plastic bottles (the kind that squirt are especially fun!), Little people, and other things I'm forgetting now.

I almost forgot - her new favorite thing is blowing bubbles.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

We got the Sassy car wash and really like it. You can squirt the cars (DS likes filling up the truck with water), move them around the ramp, float them and a few other things. It's cute.

DS also likes foam shapes that stick to the side of the tub.
    Mommy to Justin (13 years) & Ashlyn (8 years)