ajweeks Guest

Default Cotton Training Pants

Hi,

I have a 3 year old DS who still is not potty trained. He so far doesn't show much interest at all in the potty and I'm hoping that will change soon!

In any case, he has always worn disposable diapers and is now wearing Pampers Feel n' Learn. I'm thinking that maybe I should try out cotton since disposables don't seem to be teaching him anything. I'm also so tired of buying pull ups since I also have a 7 month old DD our diaper budget has gone up. I have tried the cheap Gerber training pants, but since they are just really thick underwear they don't absorb anything and I have to change all his clothes multiple times a day. I also would never want to leave the house with just these cotton training pants on because I wouldn't want to deal with a mess at the store, etc.

What are some good cotton training pants that really hold in the pee? What do people do to clean these to make sure that everything stays sanitary? Can I just soak everything first in clorox 2 and then wash a normal cycle with detergent?

Thanks for your help.

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Cotton Training Pants

Gerber supposedly makes an "All In One" waterproof training pant, with cotton inside and a vinyl water-proof cover built in.

http://www.gerberchildrenswear.com/p...cat=1&subcat=6

I am interested in getting some but I haven't seen them anywhere myself. My day care provider, who has a lot of potty training experience, says she just uses cotton training pants and a separate vinyl cover ("rubber pants"). She would like to potty train DS but he isn't showing much interest yet, so I don't know how well this method works.

I have heard good things about the Hanna Andersson training pants but I haven't tried them myself.

http://www.hannaandersson.com/style....7C61%7C6%7C%7C

I'm also considering the training pants with velcro side closure from One Step Ahead that was mentioned in another recent post.

Jennifer
    mom to Jacob 9/27/02

Those Gerber ones with the vinyl on the outside are available at Target. We bought them and then returned them because they seemed so rubbery. However, DS has regressed in his potty training, so we may buy them again.
    Mommy to Justin (13 years) & Ashlyn (8 years)

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks for the tip, I might have to make a trip to Target to check them out.

Jennifer
    mom to Jacob 9/27/02