amacho Guest

Default She pees on potty but poops in diaper during nap & night time

How do you teach your child to poop on the potty when she does pee just fine on the potty? My daughter is 22 months old and refuses to poop in the potty. She either poops during naptime or at night/morning when she is in her diaper. Maybe she is still young?

hjdong Guest

Default RE: She pees on potty but poops in diaper during nap & night time

She might still be a little young. DS had real issues with pooping in the potty as well and he went through a period of only pooping at nap and/or bedtime. It really seemed to resolve on its own (yet another thing I can't really take credit for - why did I used to think parents had so much control?). We did read a lot of Once Upon a Potty and stressed how Joshua pooped in the potty and when he first started pooping in the potty he would say, "just like Joshua."

It took at least a full month (maybe longer) of him not having pee accidents (o.k., maybe a few) before he started pooping on the potty.

HTH,

amacho Guest

Thanks! Makes me feel better to know I am not the only one. I guess time will tell. I don't want to pressure her too much and then have the peeing & pooping all backfire completely!

amacho Guest

Thanks! Makes me feel better to know I am not the only one. I guess time will tell. I don't want to pressure her too much and then have the peeing & pooping all backfire completely!

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

My oldest DS was like that also. He was "wet" trained before 2 ( i was amazed) but he could not would not poop on the potty. He eventually let me know he was afraid so for about a week ( he was about 28 months) anytime he would have to go poop I would sit in front of him and we would hug. I would get wispered progress reports in my ear. I look back now and it is funny but at the time he was truly afraid of it "falling" out.
    Congrats on the peeing on the potty. Thats so great
    Jeana