vikivoly Guest

Default Vacationing with a newly potty trained toddler

Gillian has been potty trained for about 2 months now and she's been doing really good, but she still has an occasional accident. They are getting less and less though. She also still pees when she is napping or sleeping at night. I plan on keeping her in a pull up during the 8 hour drive, but am debating on whether to use panties or pull-ups while we are seeing the sites. Currently the only time we use pull-ups is for naps and nights - not for outings. I'm worried we may get caught waiting in line (we're going to an amusement park) or falling asleep when she decides to go. Do you think it will confuse her wearing the pull up? When she does have an accident, she wants me to put a pull up on her instead of a clean pair of undies - although I don't.

Also, should we take the potty along? Any other tips appreciated.

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: Vacationing with a newly potty trained toddler

When my older 2 were "newly" trained I put their undies on them put a pull up on over top. You can also get something like Bummis training pants they are washable/reusable. Cotton on the inside vinyl on the outside. Yes take a potty along. If you stop on the way rest stop bathrooms are gross! We used the pottychair in the van many times.
    Jeana

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default RE: Vacationing with a newly potty trained toddler

If she continues to not have accidents while at home, I would keep it up. What we do for Amusement parks is I take Ds to the bathroom preventatively every couple of hours (watch out for the auto-flushers! Not a new potty-users idea of fun!).

Only once have we had to get out of line for the bathroom, when we were next of course, and the ride operator was so nice to let us come up the exit when we returned to get on asap.

As for the falling asleep in her panties, if she's still pretty reliably wetting in her sleep, couldn't you just change her into her pull-up while she's asleep?

ETA: Also, we have a "car potty" for drives or occasions where there isn't a suitable bathroom nearby. You can find some probably at BRU or onestepahead.com. I'll just have Ds use it in the car then dump it in bushes or something and rinse with some water.
    Boy - 10 years, Girl - 6 Years Old!, (What am I still doing here?! LOL) Dog - Eternal Puppy , Me - Done .