Default Question about the redesign of Baby Bjorn bathroom products...

I called Baby Catalog customer service the other day to check when they might be getting the Baby Bjorn (BB) stepping stool in white again...the lady said that BB is redesigning all of their products, so Baby Catalog wouldn't be getting anymore white stools. Does anyone know what this redesign is all about? How much more can a potty be designed? Do you know when they might be coming out with the new products? I couldn't find any info on their website. TIA!!

Default RE: Question about the redesign of Baby Bjorn bathroom products...

Not sure, but it may be that they are adding rubber feet to their bathroom products. I just purchased a potty about a month ago. I e-mailed the company, because it was sliding all over out linoleum floor when DS tried to sit in it. They paid the shipping for me to send it to them, and are shipping me a new one with rubber feet. Maybe this is why?

Thanks Alyssa! Since I couldn't get the potty, insert & stool all in white (w/black trim) from BabyCatalog.com, I'm thinking of going all yellow from BabyCenter.com (who would be worried about color coordinating their potty stuff but me?)! What color(s) did you buy? My daughter is 4 days younger than your son and had the exact same height & weight at her 18-month check-up, no kidding!! How long have y'all been potty training? How's it going? We haven't started yet!! Thanks again!

We purchased the red potty chair. No real potty training going on here, just getting used to sitting on the potty. I introduced it about a month and a half ago. I dont expect to really start potty training until DS is 2-21/2. Wow! You've got a big girl, she must be off the charts. DS is even big for a boy. Good luck with the potty training.

emmiem is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We have a red, white, and a blue potty. I semi-coordinated with all the bathrooms. The red is my favorite even thought it doesn't match at all. My bathroom is a deep muddy purple! I think just buy the color that you or you kids like. I also have never had a problem with the potty moving around while trying to sit. It does when my 18 month tries to sit but she is too small for it. When my 4 yo was potty training, I didn't have that problem.
    Michele
    Mama to three girls

It might depend on the floors that you have too. I think if I put a bathroom rug under it, it would be fine. DS definitely is not too small for it. Once he's sitting completely in it it doesn't move, it's just when he first sit's down and he's tring to get centered in it. I think they've realized that this is a problem and that is why they have added the rubber feet.

Default RE: Now I'm really irritated!!

We took a trip to BRU today (30 miles round trip) to specifically look at the Baby Bjorn potty products IRL! They did't have ANY of them and say they don't expect any more...we then stopped by the TRU which is closer to our house, and they don't have any of them either! I was planning to buy the safety stool from the store to save on the shipping costs and then order the chair and insert online with the free shipping (kidsurplus)...but I do want to make sure dd will fit in the potty chair before buying it. We also tried the Target near that BRU with no success...maybe I'll try the Target near us too. Any suggestions?

Default RE: Now I'm really irritated!!

We purchased ours at a local childrens botique. I recently ordered the Contoured Kushie Tushie (toilet insert) by Mommy's Helper and picked it up this weekend. I really like it, and it only cost $11. This was the #1 rated potty insert by the Toddler Bargains book. DS fit's fine in our Bjorn potty chair, with room to grow. HTH!