mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Anyone have the Freedom Trainer Potty Seat?

I saw this seat and heard about it- it has the steps and then the potty seat sit right on top of the regular toilet, this seems like a good idea as they don't have to transition from little potty, you don't have to empty and clean a potty and they get to flush more like a grown up. Any experience with this one? I saw it for 29.99 online.

Thanks

3pmom Guest

Default RE: Anyone have the Freedom Trainer Potty Seat?

I don't have any experience with it, but I wanted to tell you I saw it in the One Step Ahead catalog for $24.95. I am debating between this product or the Baby Bjorn toilet insert. I think I will go with the Bjorn one because it custom fits to all size toilets and mine is elongated.

hjdong Guest

Default RE: Anyone have the Freedom Trainer Potty Seat?

We used this with DS, after he wouldn't sit on the "baby" potty anymore and before he wanted to go solo. I think it's a great concept, but really flimsy. DS didn't use it too long - a couple months? - and there's already a crack in the seat where it connects to the stepstool part. And, it took a really long time to come in. I don't remember where I ordered it from, but they claimed to have it in stock (the reason I ordered from them) and then it took 8 weeks to come in. 2 months is a long time in toddler-dom. I'm really not sure if I would get it again. I do like the concept, and we have a small bathroom so it was easy to move out of the way (it folds), but I was disappointed in it.

HTH