maureenb Guest

Default Is two year old ready for potty training?

I have been in no hurry to potty train my two year old and she has showed little interest, either. However, she has recently started staying dry throughout the day and then going in her diaper all night long, causing her to wake up in the middle of the night to be changed. She has always been a great sleeper with no night wakings. I am wondering if her staying dry through the day indicates she is ready for potty training? We have had a potty seat for months and she sits on there but has never gone. I really don't want to force it but I also don't want to develop sleep issues. Has anyone else had a similar experience with their child? Any advice is welcome - thanks so much!

hjdong Guest

Default RE: Is two year old ready for potty training?

Wow! I would be a little concerned about UTI? I don't know, I only have a boy, but can't going so long cause them?

I would think this is a sign of readiness, although she is young. How is her verbal skills? You might want to get a couple books, read them for a month, and then start some discussions - would you like to try the potty? etc. Then follow her lead.

HTH,

maureenb Guest

Default RE: Is two year old ready for potty training?

Yes - I am worried about UTIs - it can't be good for her to hold it in so long. She does go during her nap, so it's not the WHOLE day, but still. I think I do need to start working on the potty thing. Thanks for your advice!