Default Big toilet at home, little potty on the road?

I've been using the Cushie Tushie on our toilet at home to start our potty training. My DD uses a mini regular toilet at school. She is afraid of public bathrooms and I was thinking about getting a small potty to keep in the car when we are out and about. Do you think she'll be confused and not want to use the big potty at home?

Please advise.
    Thanks!
    Suzette

Default RE: Big toilet at home, little potty on the road?

I really don't know the answer to this question, but DS uses both. Ours is actually the reverse situation - he uses the potty chair at home and the big potty when we're out. He transitions between both fine. I really don't think you'll know until you try, unfortunately.
    Mommy to Justin (13 years) & Ashlyn (8 years)

Jeanne is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Big toilet at home, little potty on the road?

I have always kept a small potty in the car and it was never an issue with my oldest. She will use a public bathroom but much prefers to use her own potty in the back of the car. I prefer it as well. It sure comes in handy.

We started her training on this potty and then she decided she'd rather sit on the regular toilet after two weeks. Perhaps if you leave it next to the regular toilet at home and have her try it out and explain that the small potty will be her "road" potty, she won't have trouble with it.