But he doesn't do anything else, and he's just started this week. He has more fun flushing than anything, and he doesn't have a lot of focus or desire to go potty--he says no when I ask him--but the two times he's been on the "big" potty, he went! When he's been naked the three times we've had potty sitting events, at his request, he's peed on the floor after he said he was "all done." And seems deliriously happy about that--giggling like a crazy man.

So, here we are, it seems a little confusing to me since I've never heard of a child choosing to going #2 first, so I don't know where to start. Should we have more structured potty time? My idea is that I'll put him on the potty right when he gets up in the AM and from his nap, and again after snacktime, which is usually his BM time. Is three times a day too much at first, or should we work up to that?

I feel silly putting him back in a diaper after he goes to the potty; it seems like it would confuse him, but since he's just started, I know he can't possibly have much control yet. Ideas from all you mommy experts? DS is 27 months, BTW.

Allison
Mommy to Matthew, who is TWO!