Default potty training doll...

21 mo dd is showing signs so I think I want to go with this. DD#1 didn't stop wearing diapers until she was 3 so I was totally ready to wait that long with dd#2, but she tells me "pee-pee" or "poopy" as soon as she goes, or is in the process, and loves sitting on the toilet, flushing and when she does poop, if it is solid enough, we put it in the toilet and she say "bye bye" and waves as it goes down!
    Since she is sooooo into baby dolls I thought about getting her one for potty training but there are a few out there, and they are pricey, so I would love some opinions...TIA!

Default RE: potty training doll...

We have the Paul doll from Corelle, they also have a girl option, and it seemed pretty good. We didn't actually wind up using it for potty training, though...

Laurel
    WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
    Baby Madeline 12/14/04

Shannah Guest

I just got the Paul doll too. I found it on zipbaby.com for $34.95 which is a lot! I searched ebay and other sites and they were more!! I plan to do the method that Dr. Phil recommends which does use a doll so that is why I got it. I guess one of the good points of this doll is that it wets on demand. I plan to start soon and his pre school teacher will be helping us too.

Molly & ds Liam 5/10/02

We just got one at Toys R Us for 9.99 - DD loves the doll although I'm not sure the doll going to the potty had a huge impact. It's a little hard for DD to "feed" her without spilling (the bottle and mouth don't fit excatly right)but it isn't the kind that the water goes right through - you press the belly to pee. I'm glad I found the $10 one, especially since it was already lost at daycare and replaced!
    Michelle