s7714 is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Default DD won't pull her undies down to go potty...

My DD is doing great at using the potty, but only if she's sans bottoms. If I put any kind of undies on her, she won't pull them down to use the potty. She just sits right down, undies and all and goes. She CAN easily pull them down, so it's not a matter of her not being able to get them down in time.

Is the whole pulling down the undies a concept that they just get after time? (And FWIW, my DD has never seemed to be bothered by wearing a wet/dirty diaper or undies, so it doesn't faze her in the slightest. :( )

I thought about trying "(insert cartoon character name here) doesn't want to get wet, so you have to make sure you pull down your undies..." but the only undies she wants to wear are her solid purple ones, so that hasn't worked. (We might try getting some Dora undies soon though...)

Any suggestions or ideas?

TIA,
    Jennifer
    Mommy to
    Annalia 3/03
    Sophia 6/05

When raising kids the days are oh so long, but the years are short.--John Leguizamo

Default RE: DD won't pull her undies down to go potty...

Yes, the whole pulling undies thing down is something they just get after a while. My DS would use the potty great whenever he was bare but just went in his undies (not even sitting on the potty) for a while. I think it's a readiness thing. We gave him the option of diapers or bare until he was choosing bare more often and had completed a whole potty chart, then moved to undies. If the undies consistently don't work, then I'd say go back to diapers so as not to have too many mistakes.

Let us know how it goes!

Laurel
    WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
    Baby Madeline 12/14/04