aidensmom403 Guest

Default Anyone tried the Fisher Price Fun to Learn Potty ??

I saw this in a Target ad and was wondering if anyone has any experiece with it. I have a almost 3 yr old son who we have been trying to PT on the adult toilet with an insert, but no luck what so ever. He only wants to flush the toilet. Thought this may be an option.

Thanks

cca is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Default RE: Anyone tried the Fisher Price Fun to Learn Potty ??

We have the fisher price potty. My dd seems to like it. She absolutly refused to sit on the adult toilet with insert. We had the FP booster chair and that was our main reason for getting the FP potty. Not sure if that helps.

This potty is the devil.
    Stay far, far away.

Ugh. It has a sensor that detects movement below the seat (supposed to be sensing the kid going potty) which senses DD's leg, her bum dipping into the seat, etc. and tells her 'you went potty!' the second she sits down. She thinks she's done, spins the fake TP roll and is on her way

The songs are set off by the slightest contact w/ the potty, so it's blaring 'Toilet paper, toilet paper on a roll...next to me!' in the middle of the night when I bump it on the way to the bathroom. It's loud and has no volume control & DD will turn it on the second she's found I've shut it off.

This potty is a play toy and nothing more. Well, once DD stepped on it to get to the sofa, so it's a step stool as well I suppose.

It seems as tho DD is not comfy on this potty either--her bum has red lines on it from sitting (and she's on it for less than a minute ea. time) and she can't seem to find a position that she'll sit still in (even w/ a book or magazine which she could usually sit and peruse for 15 min. elsewhere).

If you haven't noticed, I REALLY dislike this potty. I just ordered the Prima potty tonight. I'm going to bring this one to my daycare baby's house. Yuk.

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Ditto! My DD also thought that her new potty was really a new toy. Our experience was as dismal as the previous posters. And the kicker is that I paid full price for the thing, which was $50 in Canada. I now know not to let a two year old pick out potties ....
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008