Default Potty training at 16 mos. - what to wear and potty

My daughter is 16 months and has all of a sudden developed several "readiness" signs. I've been reading books to catch up, so that I know what to do, but had a question- most of the pull ups that allow a child to "feel" that they have gone are size 2T and up. What have mothers who start training earlier done? I think naked will work well at home, but she goes to daycare and also am thinking of out and about.

Also, moms who started early, what Potty have you used? I noticed TB reco'd the Bjorn potty, and also saw good reviews of the Graco training rewards and Primo 4 in 1 potties.

Thanks in advance!

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: Potty training at 16 mos. - what to wear and potty

Have you considered cloth diapers? You could also buy some disposable or washable liners that can go in her disposable diapers because those will keep the wet feeling by her.

I didn't find that to be necessary for my son though. And I think that if your dd is really and truly ready then she will already know when she pees.

My friend has the Bjorn potty and it may be a good choice for ayoung one since it is a pretty small potty.

GL!
    Beth

Default RE: Potty training at 16 mos. - what to wear and potty

Pullups don't help. There are training pants (Gerber makes them and you can get them at Target) that go down to an 18 month size. And if you ask me, they're pretty generously sized.

We used a 4-in-1, and it's done well by us. When DD was 16 months she used it as a potty, now she uses it on the grown-up toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagirl
    Pullups don't help. There are training pants (Gerber makes them and you can get them at Target) that go down to an 18 month size. And if you ask me, they're pretty generously sized.

We used a 4-in-1, and it's done well by us. When DD was 16 months she used it as a potty, now she uses it on the grown-up toilet.
    we used the wee essential cloth trainers. Size 2t was actually fairly small. Fit my 16 month old fine..