Default Potty Training Reward Chart

I think it's time to start using some sort of reward chart with DS. Any recommendations? Any to avoid?

TIA,
    Julie
    SAHM Mom to Ryan (who just happens to have Prader-Willi Syndrome) 2/04
    www.pwsausa.org - Still Hungry For a Cure

Default me too..

I think I would like to do something like this too. Is there something easily/readily available? We're just starting to PT, in the form of getting used to having the potty, sitting on it and that intro stuff. This is my 'reasearch' phase as well. I'm learning a lot! LOL

hbridge is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We made our own chart and customized it to our needs at the time. I used card stock and just drew a calendar on it for the month, then we had different stickers for peeing in the potty, pooping in the potty, an accident free day, waking up dry... It worked great, was easy and fairly inexpensive (just the paper and stickers).

HTH

hez is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I had dreams of an actual chart. In reality, we had a stack of pages of star stickers, character stickers (for #2's or other big deals), and we let DS choose a star color/character and a place on a piece of paper on the fridge to stick it. I had just printed up a little title at the top and that was that.

When he filled up the page (our decision there ) we celebrated by buying a new engine for his Thomas set-- he picked it out, of course.
    Heather
    Mommy to DS (9/03) and DD (5/08)

toby is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

I have been using the train track from the following site:
    http://www.childavenue.com/pages/fam...rintables.html

There is also one other potty chart with days of the week, but that is too complicated for us!

At first I wasn't sure if the track was too long, but DS seemed to fill it up quickly. I keep a small container of stickers (that he picked out) and when he gets to the end of the track, he gets a Bob the Builder vehicle or, more recently, Thomas the train figure. He also gets an m & m or choc chip to reinforce right at the moment (FWIW-- I was one of those people before I had kids who was horrified at the thought of giving a child candy for potty training...LOL!)

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default wall stickers

We have an animal themed bathroom. We found removable wall stickers and each time my son was successful with the current expectation, he got to put a new sticker on the wall. (e.g., in the beginning, he got to put a sticker on the wall if he used the toilet, later he got to put a sticker on the wall if he told us he needed to use the toilet and actually used the toilet, later he got to put a sticker on the wall if he 'pooped' in the toilet.... actually, he never got a sticker for pooping because it took him so long and we outgrew the stickers. We went to Dairy Queen to celebrate when he finally pooped).

The stickers were fun because he got to choose his reward and it was a fun reminder in the bathroom.