Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Traning Pants Reccomendations Wanted

It is potty training time and we want to use the cotton training pants instead of the Pull-Ups. If you have used this type can you share which ones you liked and disliked? Obviously they are hard to find and need your help with that too. Walmart and Target has one peg each of the Gerber ones so I'm willing to buy online as well as local stores.
    Thanks!
    Linda

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default RE: Traning Pants Reccomendations Wanted

We love the Hanna Anderson Training Pants. I can't say enough wonderful things about them. The only negative is the cost, but still cheaper than diapers.

Thanks for the suggestion. Do you suggest going up a size because of shrinkage from frequent washing or stick with the size range according to weight?
    I think I will give them a try. I've never ordered HA so I'm not confident about the fit.
    Thanks
    Linda

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'm not sure how the sizing compared. My child is on the larger size and wears at size 110 at Hanna Anderson so we wear the small around here. I haven't found them to shrink too much and they are washed often, usually on hot.

Try calling customer service. They are wonderful with sizing help. You may want to measure the child's waist before you call.

Good luck.

Default JCPenney's Wee Essentials

Quote Originally Posted by NewGrandma
    It is potty training time and we want to use the cotton training pants instead of the Pull-Ups. If you have used this type can you share which ones you liked and disliked? Obviously they are hard to find and need your help with that too. Walmart and Target has one peg each of the Gerber ones so I'm willing to buy online as well as local stores.
    Thanks!
    Linda

We really like the JCpenney's Wee Essentials. Can only buy in store. I think the last few times they have been buy1 get one 1/2 off. (around $6 I think normally for two?) Holds SO much more than the Gerber. Thick and Has a sponge core. I would recommend getting a size larger. My DD is in 18 months clothes and the 2T size is almost too small.

We also got some dappi vinyl covers for babybestbuy for around a buck a piece. Much better feeling than the vinyl.

salsah is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

i do NOT recommend the gerber ones (not what they used to be). the wee essentials are thicker but still not great. i never found / tried anything better.
    i heard that the ha ones are really thick and absorbent.

HA's, definitely! They are really the most reasonably priced of all baby gear IMHO.

We bought gerbers and HA's. The gerbers were worse at containing accidents than normal underwear. Pretty amazing!
    -Ivy

Parenting two active, wonderful boys

This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. -Gary Lew

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default JC Penny's

I agree with the previous poster's suggestion for JC Penny's wee essentials. The underware is thick and soft and comes in cute patterns or solid colors/white. The waist band and legs are thick and fit nicely and comfortably around the body. I bought these one size/age larger than my child so they would be easy to pull up and down. With my second child, I learned about the Gerber plastic pants to wear over these (parenting is a learning process and some lessons are learned slowly.....). I had a difficult time finding the Gerber plastic pants in larger sizes, but was successful after a few regular shopping trips at Walmart. The plastic pants meant significantly fewer wardrobe changes following an accident.

Good luck with your PT endeavors. : )

Default Hanna unders training pants at outlets for $10.50 for 3 pack

In reading this, I decided to order some Hanna Andersson unders training pants - they are not cheap with a three pack of white unders for $26.00 - but I had a thought and called a HA outlet store (Kittery Maine is closest to us) where they had the same three pack in white for $10.50 - I bought 2 three packs and including shipping, it cost me $26.50, which is basically what one three pack at the store or from the catalog (not including shipping) would cost. I couldn't believe how much cheaper they were!

So if you want to try the HA training pants, try looking on their website and calling one of the outlets - they were very nice and the price was terrific!

I have Gerber training pants (my kids hate the bulkiness of them) and I have tried regular undies with the Gerber vinyl covers which work OK for us, but not great, so I am happy to have another option to try!

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hollybloom24
    In reading this, I decided to order some Hanna Andersson unders training pants - they are not cheap with a three pack of white unders for $26.00 - but I had a thought and called a HA outlet store (Kittery Maine is closest to us) where they had the same three pack in white for $10.50 - I bought 2 three packs and including shipping, it cost me $26.50, which is basically what one three pack at the store or from the catalog (not including shipping) would cost. I couldn't believe how much cheaper they were!

So if you want to try the HA training pants, try looking on their website and calling one of the outlets - they were very nice and the price was terrific!
    This is for the small, right? I've been calling the outlets for a while ISO the XS (size 90) for my 25 month old. I was told they only have larger sizes at the outlets. If you found XSs on sale somewhere, let me know!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast