Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Megieblue Guest

Default RE: Stokke Kinderzeat on sale?

I got 10% off at Right Start a year ago just by showing them my AAA card. I believe they always give a discount. I wonder if you could get 20% off with a AAA discount and the deal they're offering now. Worth mentioning when in the store.

The on-line code for 10% the Kinderzeat at rightstart.com is EKB24.
    Mommy to Justin (13 years) & Ashlyn (8 years)

nohomama Guest

I love my KinderZeat and highly recommend it. It's well made, comes in funky colors, has an infinite life span, and in my opinion is worth the money. That said I do wish that the version sold in the North America was identical to the TrippTrapp sold by Stokke in Europe and elseshere. Lola would have been fine in the chair from about 7 months on, but it would have been nice to have the belly bar.

I have a friend who ordered the knock-off from One Step Ahead and the one she received had both safety and quality issues. The foot board slid back and forth no matter how much she tightened the screws and the seams of of the seat cushion blew out after only a day of use. One Step Ahead did eventually send a replacement foot board and new cushions but she continued to have problems and eventually returned the chair and bought a KinderZeat instead. Perhaps the chair she got was just a lemon but having seen the chair and knowing her experience I wouldn't recommend it. Our upstairs neighbors bought a different knock-off though (from the Natural Baby Catalog who, I believe, no longer sells them) and theirs has stood up to three very "active" children and is still going strong. I guess you just never know.

Another funky option is the Simo Viking Booster Seat.

http://www.mybabystroller.com/access...high_chair.htm

Like the Stokke it can be used at a normal dining table, but it also has the advantage of having a tray so that it can be used like a traditional highchair as well.

2soon Guest

Default RE: I just bought the Euro Highchair.

Any comments on your experience with the kinderzeat knock-off?

jules Guest

I got my Kinderzeat at babycatalog.com. They offer a 10% discount off $199 if you have a membership, free shipping, and no tax if you are not in their state. The membership is $25 and good for 1 year. If you have many other things to buy it's worth it. All their prices are already competitive before the discount. I've bought 2 carseats, the kinderzeat, and many other things there so I think the membership is well worth it.

drtombo Guest

Default RE: I just bought the Euro Highchair.

so, what do you think of your euro highchair?

newbelly2002 Guest

I have the cloth one they sell here in Europe for the Stokke chair. It DOES get dirty quickly. I wash it once a week, but sometimes even that doesn't seem enough. For an older baby I think it's okay without, but for a younger one (if you get the belly bar)I would recommend it. In fact, without the cushion, the baby can manage to get h/her legs up and around the crotch strap so that they are both on one side--or maybe it's just my little monkey.

Paula
    Mama to Dante, 8/1/02

AmyE Guest

RUN! Don't walk! to Zany Brainy or Right Start to get your Kinderzeat now! They are going out of business and I just got my ds's wonderful Kinderzeat for $130.00!! You may be able to get it for even less now if there are any left!

Good luck! It's a wonderful chair and my son is a lot quieter (no more kicking the table because he has no where to put his feet!) at mealtimes now!

AmyE

Unicorn Dreams Guest

There's another Kinderzeat-lookalike called Flexi Chair that you can buy for about $95 on BabyBazaar.com. It looks similar to the Euro Chair from OneStepAhead, but Flexi Chair claims to support a weight up to 230 lbs which is more than the Euro Chair (150lbs). On the other hand, the Flexi Chair only has a 3 pt harness and no cushion. Both only come in the natural color. I have no first hand experience, and would welcome any opinions from someone who has.

I can't help you with the Flexi Chair (we have the Stokke chair and it's great) but you might want to consider posting your query as a new one instead of replying to this old thread - that's more likely to get you a response!

HTH<
    Laurel
    Mama to Jack, 6/4/02

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2