acadiaphile Guest

Default Do juice box covers exist? If so, where?!

Yesterday I learned my 18 mo. old dd knows how to drink from a juice box. She doesn't however, know how *not* to squeeze the box to that it spurts all over the place. Frankly, I think she enjoys making the mess.

Do any of you know if there's some sort of juice box cover that's rigid to prevent squeezing? What's it called? Where can I find it?

TIA!

Christine

TrippleE2003 Guest

Default RE: Do juice box covers exist? If so, where?!

I have seen these in Buy Buy Baby stores in NY & NJ, but I have not used them, so I can not attest to how well they work.

pcottrell Guest

I found some at Wal-mart. Everyone I saw has a Snoppy print on them. I think I found them near the food/juice section of my Wal-mart (this was not a Super Wal-mart). You may also want to look in the section near the dishes and rubbermaid food stroage containers.

HTH,
    Paige

pleonasm Guest

I've heard that Tupperware carries one, too.

wendy03060 Guest

We tried the Snoopy ones with no success. Couldn't find a juice box that is a good fit for it.

We finally had success teaching our children to hold the juice boxes sideways. We set the juice box in front of them so they can see the skinny side with the nutritional info on it instead of the wide side with the product name on it. Somehow, those sides seem to be a bit stronger and less prone to squeezing. We also had luck punching the hole the straw goes into twice and stretching it to make it as large and wide as possible. This seems to prevent the creation of a vacuum inside the box and lessens the chance of squirting. We also made the decision that under any circumstance, if there was intentional squeezing or squirting, the juice box went in the trash immediately. No questions, no discussion. (We had already discussed this issue with the kids more than I care to admit.) Took less than a week for them to catch on and we've had only two very very short bouts of "testing" from the kids in the one+ year since.

None of these were an ideal solution, but sure did make them a little less messier. Good luck.

tracya Guest

Rubbermaid makes a plastic “juice box”. You can buy it at Wal-Mart. I think it’s about $1.50. It’s not as easy to squeeze.