doloresst Guest

Default kinderzeat for older kids?

I am currently in the market for a new chair for my 17 month old and am intrigued by the Kinderzeat. After reading all the promo on it, I'm thinking that my 3 year old currently in a booster seat should have one too. If they are truly used for as long as they say they are as an alternative to a regular chair, then I wouldn't mind shelling out the cash for two, but I'm afraid it might be all hype. Anyone have years of experience with this chair? At what point did you stop using the chair with the footrest?

doloresst, mom to 2

JoannH Guest

Default RE: kinderzeat for older kids?

My 7 year old is using a kinderseat and is very comfortable with it. We got it because we couldn't find a seat that worked with our kitchen bar that was comfortable for him. This one is wonderful because we can adjust it as he grows. He's still using the footrest also. The chair is made of beautiful wood. It was worth every penny.

Jane Guest

We bought the kinderzeat for our son when he was about 18 months old. He had started standing up in his high chair to eat, leaning against the back of it and sometimes jumping up and down in it! Since getting the kinderzeat, mealtimes have become so pleasant! Our son climbs up into the seat himself, asks to be buckled in, and sits still to eat! It's fun to have him sitting at the regular table with the rest of the family, and the chair pushes right up to the table..... no more big high chair taking up space. He's almost 2 now, and though we haven't had the chair that long, I can tell you that our 9 and 11 year olds use it as well! In fact, I have been known to sit in it sometimes too. I often have to tell my 9 year old to move to a regular seat so our son can sit in it. Or he tells her himself, pulling her away and climbing up into it. I never had a kinderzeat for my older kids, but wish I had gotten one years ago. This is one of the best child products I have ever purchased, not only for it's great design and functionality, but also because I know we will have it for years to come (probably forever). As for the footrest, I would just leave it on forever. When the older kids sit in it (or when I sit in it) we use the footrest as one would the rung on a stool, to prop one let up on. If you don't want to use it to prop a leg on you just put your feet on the floor and it's not in the way of your legs at all. I got ours at the Right Start store. They were having a 10% off sale on kinderzeats. I couldn't find a better price than that, even with free shipping and no tax on the internet.

We have one for our 2.5yo although my older kids 4.5 and almost 7.5 can sit in it also.

It truely is a chair, i have even sat on it the odd time....

Very well built and sturdy. :)
    http://pages.ivillage.com/cl-pamelamomof3
    ~Pamela Mom To The Trio Of Trouble

vsmommy123 Guest

I am intrigued by the Kinderzeat also, as my DD is 2 1/2 and seems to be pretty much done w/ her high chair but I am not happy w/ the way meals go w/ her sitting in a regular chair. I just checked out epinions.com, there was 1 review also stating that this chair is worth every penny. One etailer, www.babyuniverse.com, is an etailer w/ Ebates. If you go to www.ebates.com and sign up you get a rebate at the end of every quarter, each etailer decides what to rebate back to you. Babyuniverse gives back 7%, which is pretty good, and they are offering free shipping (cha ching!) w/ the code SHIPFREE, and I am not sure what state they are in but it's not CA so I know I wouldn't have to pay that awful sales tax either. I might be talking the hubby into buying it soon. Good luck!

AmyE Guest

I too have been very interested in purchasing the Kinderzeat, but my concern is whether or not it is high enough for my peanut! He is 2 but very tiny for his age and when we put him in the restaurant high chairs he is still way below the table. We usually have to sit in a booth and put him in a booster seat between us. I know that's not the safest method, but at least he can reach his food!

Does anyone have any suggestion/ideas for this problem? I would really like to get the Kinderzeat (or something like it) if I knew for sure the seat would be high enough.

AmyE

Joann Guest

Amy,

The seat and the footrest part of the Kinderzeat are both adjustable, so you will be able to raise the seat to adjust to different table heights. You will be able to use it for your baby for a long, long, time.