Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    momathome is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Anyone else have leaks with Playtex Insulated Spill-Proof cups???

I have used Playtex sippy cups for 5 years and have never had a problem until now. While the regular cups have been great, the insulated ones have been leaking on me like crazy. No, this is not a valve issue - the leak is coming out of the sides of the lid, not the part where they sip from. I screw on the lid as tight as it can possibly go and then I will go to pick the cup up and milk will start pouring down the sides. It is destroying my diaper bag and I am quite annoyed because these cups were not the cheapest things in the world. Does anyone else have this issue???
    -Lauren

mom2kandj Guest

Default RE: Anyone else have leaks with Playtex Insulated Spill-Proof cups???

I've got about 8 of these cups and yes, some of them are leaking! I have been too lazy to do anything, but push them to the back of the cabinet and use one of the non-insulated cups. I'm not sure if I will call Playtex (they probably just attribute the leaking to wear and tear and use of dishwasher) or just return the cups to Costco (they will take back anything) as defective. You are not alone! PLMK if you hear anything from Playtex. TIA!

Rose
    mom 2 Katie (31 months)
    & Jack (15 months)

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have the SAME problem! It is so absolutely annoying.... I quit using them! I also bought one of the insulator cups with the straw instead of the typical spout and it too was leaking down the sides from the lid!!! I wonder what Platex will say..... this has happened from the moment I bought the cups... not from use....acutally i have found that some of my older ones that leaked started to get better with time.... maybe the plastic threading in the lid/cup got chewed up a little and it helped?????

I went back to my Gerber cups and I've seen that they now make insulated cups too...... I plan to buy some this week and see how they hold up!

If you write to or call playtex and get some help or a refund let me know and I'll do the same!

~Tondi and Mason 7/8/01

I have not contacted Playtex yet, but I think I am going to. I'm just mad that I bought so many and now they are useless. I did buy a pack of the new Gerber insulated cups over the weekend and so far, no leaks and they are very easy to use. It's funny because I have Playtex cups that are 5 years old and still working perfectly fine. The stupid insulator cups, which I have had for a matter of months, are terrible with the leaks. Oh, well, maybe I can sell them at a garage sale (although I might feel a moment of guilt on passing them on to some unsuspecting mom!!!). I'll let you know if I get anywhere with Playtex.
    -Lauren

mom2kandj Guest

I tried to call Playtex today at 5:20pm PST and of course, their hours are 8 - 8 EST! I'll be calling tomorrow! :(

Rose
    mom 2 Katie (32 months)
    & Jack (16 months)

mom2kandj Guest

Default UPDATE!!! Called Playtex today!

I called Playtex today! CS was very understanding! The woman I spoke with had not heard of any leaking problem with the insulated cups because the cups are a new product. She did say that their research and development team likes to see the defective products when there are concerns. I told her that I had about 4 bad cups and she is sending me a postage label to send them back to Playtex. She also offered to replace my defective cups(is sending two now and two when they receive my leaky ones or I could have gotten coupons for new ones) and I've asked for the non insulated cups. FWIW, she did ask if I washed them in the dishwasher even though they say the cups CAN be washed in the DW on the top rack. She didn't make a big deal of it. I also complained about how the designs on the outside of the cups are getting scratched and looking shabby. Here are their CS #s: 800-222-0453 (U.S. Residents) 800-387-1300 (Canadian Residents) and their CS hours are 8 - 8 EST. I'll let everyone know if anything else happens! HTH!

Rose
    mom 2 Katie (32 months)
    & Jack (16 months)

Default RE: UPDATE!!! Called Playtex today!

Thanks, Rose - I'll give them a call!
    -Lauren

sugarsnappea Guest

Default RE: UPDATE!!! Called Playtex today!

Thanks! I was having the same problem with 2 of my cups. I also was upset that the pictures rubbed off so quick and I don't even have a dishwasher. I called Playtex and told them about the 2 leakers. I also added how the labels on my old white cups are pristine and on the blue cups are all scratched off. The woman wants all of the cups back and I am getting replacements. I am astounded by this wonderful customer service. I have written complaints to Gerber in the past and have received no response.

Thanks Again! :)

sugarsnappea Guest

Default Rose-

Rose,

did you have to send the lids back too? I have like 12 tops and have no idea which ones went with each set? TIA! :)

mom2kandj Guest

Default RE: Rose-

Yes, I'm sending back the lids, too. I found one that leaked and wrote on that one with the Sharpie and then washed it. As for the others, I finally put water in them and put them on their sides to find the leaky ones. Then I wrote on those, too so that I wouldn't reuse them and lose track again! HTH!

Rose
    mom 2 Katie (32 months)
    & Jack (16 months)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast