I'm very frustrated with the FDA! They've released some new and completely vague guidelines about mercury in fish and I want to get a better idea of how much canned tuna in my daughter's diet is really ok. Here's a link to one article on the topic:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...mercury10.html

I asked her pediatrician about this months ago and was told 1-2 servings per week was ok, but now I'm wondering if even that is too much. Unfortunately, I only like the good stuff--white/albacore, which this new study says has more mercury than the "light" variety.

I'll ask her dr about this again at her next checkup but I'm curious what others are doing, or if anyone has a source for more definitive information on the topic. Also wondering if there are any brands of canned salmon people like? According to the study salmon is both low in mercury and high in Omega 3, so maybe this would be a good substitute for us.

Tuna's been a lunch standard for both of us for quite a while now, especially since it started coming in those handy pouches! Not sure whether this is safe anymore?

Thanks for any help!
Chris