Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What is after the highchair?

I've been putting Alia in the booster seat lately (with tray attached) as the highchair just seemed like overkill, and she wanted to be closer to the table. She can't just sit on the chair at the table itself because she's still a little too messy with some foods for that, but I'm tired of taking the booster seat/tray off every night and cleaning the entire set-up.

What's the next step after the highchair? Should I still be using it? Should I get a Kinderzeat (but does it have a tray?) is there an easier booster seat? HELP!

Thanks!

Michelle - Mom to Alia born 5/16/02

Default RE: What is after the highchair?

Kathleen went from the high chair to the booster seat with tray (just like what you have) to the Cushie Tooshie booster. I *love* this thing. I miss the tray because it's easier to clean a tray than the whole table. But this booster is wonderful. You don't have to strap it to the chair either. It's made of this material that makes it stick to the chair without sliding. To clean it, all you have to do is pick it up, clean it and the chair and put it back. The other thing I love about this is that if you need the chair for an adult, you don't have to unstrap the whole thing. HTH! :)

brubeck Guest

I did the same thing: went to the booster with tray and then to the Cooshie Booster that the Fields recommend.

To help keep the table clean I started using those plastic placemats. They can be rinsed off easily and thrown in the dishwasher when necessary.

cma Guest

We also use a Cooshie Booster. DD loves it.

It's small enough to throw in the trunk to use it at Grandma's, too

DD stll makes a mess at the table, so I've resorted to using one of those vinyl table cloths I found at Bed, Bath and Beyond.

Ok! So where do I get one of these seats? I would love to buy one!
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

brubeck Guest

If you mean the Cooshie Booster I have seen it online but believe it or not the best price is at BRU.

Thanks for the heads up. Bought one at BRU and DS LOVES it! I guess he feels like a big boy at the table . :)
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

pcottrell Guest

I thought I would put my 2 cents in here. I have a kinderzeat for my 2 year old ds and I love it!! He loves to sit in it and eat from the table. They so not come with a tray, but I believe that you can order one. I think they are hard to find and rather expensive (as is the kinderzeat itself!!). The kinderzeat is one purchase I have not regretted, because my ds hated the highchair, but will go get up in his kinderzeat himself, because he feels like a big boy.

HTH,
    Paige

sweetbasil Guest

We love the Cooshie Tooshie booster, and always have people commenting on it. It was a great way to transition from the First Years reclining feeding seat. Our table gets sticky too, but oh, well!

brubeck Guest

Julie we use plastic placemats! They wipe off easily and go in the dishwasher if necessary. They don't conatin all the mess but they help a LOT. It was also a bit of a motivator for Amy. The rest of us use cloth placemats (laundry-machine-friendly) and when she wanted one I told her that she couldn't make a mess on it. Well, she did, but not as much as usual! :)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast