Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: Toddler sized dishware?

OK, I am just giddy! Someone in DH's office is going to Japan next week and is going to look for Hanny or something similar for me! (DH works for a Japanese company if you haven't guessed. :) ) Gotta love DH. He had the Japanese speaking assistant in his office searching Japanese websites for me today! LOL!
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Wal-Mart!

I bought Matthew 2 plastic plates for like $0.88 each. They also have an Elmo set...

-Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

jojo2324 Guest

Thank you!!! I've kind of got this thing against Wal-Mart. I dunno, we were there around Christmas and I just thought it was disgusting. It was so dirty!! Honestly, smelled like a NYC subway station. Grossssss. Their commercials don't seem accurate...But, for Elmo plates...I think I'll have to chance it. :) Anything for my boy!

Who, btw, is picking up signs left and right! He's been doing cookie for a while, but just now walked over to me doing it. I said, "No sweetie, no cookies now. It's too early." But then I realized that Cookie Monster was on Sesame Street! How cute is that? I would have given him a cookie if I had any...:D

And Beth, I just wanted to say thank you for introducing me to signs! I had heard of it before, but seeing your success with Sarah, and all the success stories that followed, really made it click for me. Thanks!

raynjen Guest

Don't know if you like Pooh or Hello Kitty, but those are the two most common characters here, you can even get toasters, blenders, and cars (!) in Hello Kitty. I found the most adorable Pooh placemats and dishware at a 100 yen store yesterday and thought about you guys!

Jen in Okinawa
    Mom to Noelle (10/25/01)

P.S. they also have foam puzzles at the 100 yen stores of abc's and numbers. DD loves foam puzzles (I do too, there is something so satisfactory about fitting the pieces in) and I found very few in the states.

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I was going to suggest Ikea, too! Colin got a set from Ikea for Christmas.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

Our tableware has come from Walmart and Target--I just buy the cheapest plastic I can find. I've also found these "toddler plates" in the baby section at Osco that have 3 plates to a package. I picked up 2 packages of those and they became Kathleen's main plate (I wish I could remember the manufacturer). I just recently got placemats for a buck each (picked up 3) at WM too. They are Sesame Street and one is about colors, one is about numbers, and the other is about letters. They are reversible and Kathleen LOVES them. Insists on picking one out each meal.

When they put out their summer picnic ware, Target always sells placemats with it too.

caleymama is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

If you're still on the lookout for plates, I'd be happy to pick up some of the solid colored WalMart stuff for you and stick it in the mail. We've got a WM about 5 minutes away and it's not gross like some of them can be! I know you've got your hands full and it seems like Caley and I are there a couple of times a week. PM if you're interested, okay?
    mama to 2 lovely and loving DDs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2