Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: What is your favorite sippy cup?

Yeah, I don't know why they were so expensive at Target - maybe just mislabeled, I didn't take the time to scan them because I had already stocked up at Wal-Mart (I bought an embarrassing number, but I love 'em and they are SO DARN CHEAP)! I'll have to check for the straw cups next time!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

I really like the Babies R Us brand sippy cup. It has an attached valve (can't lose it), cloudy plastic, and bumpy rubber grips for your child's hands. They have *never* leaked, even when DD sleeps with a cup of water fallen on its side all night. I also use regular Playtex with the valve, which is pretty good, but they sometimes leak and sometimes my daughter can shake or throw the valve loose. Not so with the BRU cups.
    Advice and commentary on living overseas

DD1 15, DD2 12, and DS 9

raynjen Guest

I just found a neat cup at our 100 yen shop (like a dollar store) it is basically a tumbler with a snap on lid, but the lid has a teeny tiny opening in it for a straw that can be snapped open or shut...

After rereading what I just wrote I realized that I am going to have to include a picture so you guys can see what I am talking about (see below).

Jen in Okinawa
    Mom to Noelle (2 1/2)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/3943.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/3944.jpg

vikivoly Guest

I've tried Playtex, Avent & Gerber and prefer the Gerber insulated cups the best by far. They only have one simple valve to deal with. The valve stays in place when the cup is dropped to the floor and best of all - IT DOESN'T LEAK! I can't believe how bad the other ones leak when left to lay on the floor.

valeriec Guest

I prefer the Gerber insulated cups, especially for going out. I like the valves better - I've only had a valve pop out once when my daughter dropped it on the floor. We also use Playtex sippy cups at home, but I don't like the valves. We've tried the Playtex insulated straw cups, but I've found they leak alot.

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We're pretty much done with sippy cups, but I really like the Muchkin Big Kid straw cup. They don't leak even when opened and are very easy to put together and drink from. That is all DS uses right now for water. I just bought an Evenflo straw cup to try for his milk (he doesn't seem to like his milk in the "same" cup as his water), but I haven't tried it yet. I didn't like the Luv 'n' Care flip-it straw cup that I got from Target. Tried them for a day or two and brought them to the consignment store.

Jennifer
    mom to Jacob 9/27/02

shishamo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I also love their juice box shaped one, simply because it's easier to wash than the bear shape :)
    I was amazed to find out how much these holds (10oz), which is the same as my playtex straw ones which feels a lot bigger.

Mom to three kids

I found the juice box shaped ones on the One Step Ahead Catalog... They are called Juice Box Buddies...

http://www.onestepahead.com/jump.jsp...755&change=117

Jane
    Madeline's Mom
    1/20/03

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2