Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    tigalig Guest

Default What is your favorite sippy cup?

I am wondering what is everyone's favorite sippy cup. We use the Tupperware bell tumblers for milk and Playtex coolstraws for everything else.

Ida

Kimberly H Guest

Default RE: What is your favorite sippy cup?

Mia's preferred sippy is the First Years Take N Toss and she's newly addicted to straws so the Playtex QuickStraw cups are heavensent for travel.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We use the Playtex straw sippies and also these by Rubbermaid:

http://tinyurl.com/2yfck

In addition to the bear shaped one, I also have some that are "juice box" shaped, but I couldn't find a link to them.

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

raynjen Guest

First Years Take and Toss.

We originally bought these because we have no dishwasher in our house and I was concerned about not being able to get her cups clean enough. This way I am able to wash her cups most of the time, but when I feel that I can't get it clean enough (like when scratches start developing around the spout from their teeth) then I toss that one. I have been able to hold onto them longer than I expected, they've been a great value.

Jen in Okinawa
    Mom to Noelle (2 1/3)

Actually some neat ones that i just got are the first years take n toss but with straws..

Should be somewhere on the first years site...Here we go!
    http://www.thefirstyears.com/product...sp?pValue=1157

After that i am all over the place, playtex and we also have some of the avent sport bottles. :)

~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/...blobflower.gif

After much field testing, we've settled on the plain ol' playtex sippy cups (the ones with the valve, not the straw). They're the only ones where my DD can't knock the valve loose or shake out any liquids. I recently purged our kitchen of all non-Playtex cups and feel like we've got some order at last. When we had different types of cups around, DH could never figure out which lids went with which cups, so it's much better for us to just stick with one brand.

Nancy

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We have three favorites. Around the house, we usually use the First Years Take n Toss cups. I got a package of 24 at Sam's Club for under $9, and so we don't have to wash them by hand.

When we go out and need something more spillproof, we reach for either a Nuby cup or a First Years valve-free sippy. Here are the Nuby cups:

http://www.luvncare.com/db_gifs/nuby/9620.gif

I found these at Wal-Mart for about $1.50 each, or at Target in a pack of two for $6. They have a soft silicone spout, so are GREAT for new sippy cup users. And they are pretty leak-proof, so great for the diaper bag. Our First Years sippys are similar to this, except the lids screw on:

http://www.thefirstyears.com/product...sp?pValue=1760

I found these at Wal-Mart, too.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

newbelly2002 Guest

The same brand (I thought it was affliiated with Avent, but maybe not) also makes straw cups. They don't leak and seem to fit his hands better than the Playtex straws. Don't know if they're available stateside.

Paula
    Mama to Dante, 8/02

christic Guest

Well we started with the First Years take and toss sippies, which were great. Then I wanted her to learn how to use a straw cup so switched to the rubbermaid, the animals and the juicebox style. I'm kind of tired of putting them together all the time and always looking for tops and straws so I bought her some small Hello Kitty tumblers at Target thinking I'd get rid of sippies all together. Unfortunately I put them in the same cabinet that I'd stored her old Take and Toss cups so now she always wants one of her old favorites. I just bought a couple sets of the take and toss Straw cups to try those out.

Alice has more of a glassware collection than we do at this point.

a side note--we went to a Mexican restaurant the other night and I was so impressed when they served Alice her milk in a brand new Take and Toss sippy! Usually waiters just hand us a to-go coffee cup with a straw stuck in the top. I either have to get out our own sippy or hover over her while she drinks and spills. Very smart of them I think! Maybe First Years is selling them in bulk now? ...not that we need anymore :)

Chris

nohomama Guest

Just wanted to mention that the price for 2 of the Nuby sippy cups at my local Target is $3.49...still not the deal Lori found buying them singly, but a much better price than $6 for 2. Also, the Nuby straw cups that Paula mentioned are available on this side of the pond. Both the Target and the Walmart in my area carry them. I think they're about $5.49 for 2.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast