Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    luvbeinmama Guest

Default RE: Best kids' meals at chain restaurants

Just a note about Cheesecake Factory... they do NOT have kids meals! They will usually bring kids the banana/bread plate, but other than that, they are not the kid friendliest place in town. If you want a "kid meal", go somewhere else.

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We learned that on vacation last week. But Colin was pretty content nibbling on DH's cheeseburger and fries, and behaved better than I expected at a kid-unfriendly restaurant!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Colin really enjoyed Cracker Barrel a couple of weeks ago. He loved playing the little golf tee game, and there was lots to look at. There were 10-12 choices on the children's menu, and you can pick any side (including baby carrots, green beans, corn, etc). Colin got a grilled cheese sandwich, which he didn't touch, but he devoured the mac & cheese side on my plate. For beverages, they had quite a few choices, including whole milk and several kinds of juice. Since Colin is lactose intolerant, we got him apple cider which he looooved (he doesn't get juice at home). The juice came in a sturdy, covered plastic straw cup. The meals were $3.99-4.99, average to a little high priced.

I find Cracker Barrel to be so-so and a little expensive, but will take that in exchange for a leisurely paced meal with a toddler!

Our favorite place for Colin is a local joint that has an extensive breakfast menu all day. Colin got a big pile of silver dollar pancakes with sliced bananas (though he ate a lot of my strawberries, too) for $4 off of the adult menu. They also have a $2 fruit cup, which he has enjoyed in the past. There are quite a few options in the $3-4 range that give Colin plenty of food. Beverages are extra, but we usually carry our own milk because of his lactose intolerance.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Ugh. yes, that somehow escaped me since I was so excited about the 'baby plate.' they really should have kid-sized portions, but at least they don't charge a splitting fee, so I just have to order something we both like.

cchavez is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Pei Wei

D doesn't really eat much table food but he loves rice. We got him the Terriyaki chicken with fried rice. I think they made it with brown rice b/c I know that is an option. D loves the rice....which included veggies and the portion was huge! I think it was under 4.00. I don't believe a drink was included but they might have forgotten ours since we did takeout.

StaceyKim Guest

Default My vote is for Stir Crazy (a chain in Chicago)

They have quite an extensive menu for children and it is very reasonable.
    Most of the places that I love are restaurants that are only here in the suburbs of Chicago! There are so many here.

ETA: also like CPK and Cheesecake Factory as well

Default Baja Fresh FINALLY ADDED Children's selections!

I can't remember, it was limited but it included a small burrito which is what we used to have to beg them to make (at full price of course).

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: Baja Fresh FINALLY ADDED Children's selections!

Sarah has always loved Baja Fresh. I am actually a little ticked at their new kids menu. She doesn't like tacos or burritos. She USED to get the "Mini Quesa-dita" which had a small quesadilla (which she likes), beans and rice, all of which she loved. My only peeve was I had to buy a milk separately.

The new kid quesadilla meal does not come with black beans. They have been willing to let me substitute for it, but then I have to give up something else.

So now I order her the beans and rice plate and a milk. Its actually cheaper and I usually get 2-3 meals out of it (with the leftovers).

(Ummm, yes we eat at Baja Fresh A LOT! :) )
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Did they discontinue the mini-quesadita? That is what they always suggested we get for him, before the kids menu. We never got it...mass quantities of rice & cheese aren't good for Ds.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Yes, the "mini quesa-dita" is discontinued. Sarah would usually eat all the black beans (one of her absolute fav foods, and yes it is NOT pretty the next day...) and rice and maybe one section of the quesadilla.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast