Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    kelly ann is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Which veggies does your toddler eat?

DS eats no vegetables :( We try and try and try to no avail. Unless you count french fries and ketchup as potatoes and tomatoes. And no fruit as well...maybe I can count the tomatoes in ketchup as a fruit??

trumansmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Thank goodness! I thought Truman was the only one! We can occasionally get him to eat some corn and applesauce, but other than that, nada.

I hate throwing away vegetables every day!!

Jeanne
    Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and Eleanor 4/14/04

apfb Guest

Broccoli, green beans, bok choy, raw tomatoes, cucumber slices, red peppers, carrots, spinach.

Adding a sprinkling of cheese makes just about everything more appealing to DS since she loves cheese- cheddar and parmesan.

When we go out, she likes to eat salad greens tossed in salty vinegrette.

Used to like sweet potato, pumpkin, garbanzo beans, and white beans but has refused them several times. I'll keep offering them to her later on and see what happens.

Good luck!

1st time mom to Maya the Mighty b. 3/2003

nitaghei Guest

DS eats pretty much any vegetable I offer him - but not all the time. Right now he only wants sauteed veggies - or Indian style (heavily spiced).

He eats : asparagus, carrots, peas, corn, broccoli, spinach and other greens, cauliflower, sweet potato, green beans, all kinds of squash, peppers, and several others I can't remember off the top of my head.

He has yet to refuse a fruit I've offered him.

On a related question - when is it safe to give raw veggies? Like carrots, peppers, cucumber, tomato? In terms of both choking hazards and health issues.

Nita
    mom to Neel, January 2003
    dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Sarah is pretty picky about veggies. But her favs are:

steamed cauliflower (she can't get enough)
    steamed broccoli
    peas
    carrots
    green beans

She is not a fan of any raw veggies.

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

elf Guest

My daughter loves to eat frozen peas and frozen corn - still frozen.

She'll only eat peas, unless I hide vegetables in spaghetti sauce and serve with pasta. I tried the Veggie Delight spinach nuggets, but I think I picked a wrong time to try out new food when Martie has a double ear infection and sinus infection.

Sonia http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies...haracter03.gif
    Proud Mommy to Martie
    http://lilypie.com/baby2/030406/3/4/3/+10/.png

alkagift is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Matthew eats peas, broccoli (florets only, of course) corn, carrots and green beans if he's in a good mood. He will eat tomato sauce but not tomatoes. Have you tried putting parmesan cheese on the veggies (not a sauce, just grated cheese)? Matthew will sometimes try something new if it's presented in an unusual way, like mashed with cream cheese or in a casserole.

He will, however,eat chick peas out of a can so there's no accounting for taste, though, eww.

Allison
    Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

BethinMass Guest

While my oldest is moving out of toddler age, I wanted to agree that the more you put the food in front of them, the more likely it is they will eat it.
    My daughter has gone through phases since she started eating real food when she was around 1 of what she would eat. However the more I'd put it out the more likely she was to eat it.
    I also let her know that she had to atleast lick the food I put on her plate. For some reason my daughter will start going, I dont like this, but when she tastes it, it's another story. So if she licks it, she normally realizes that she likes the flavor and will finish it. However I only do this at home, since her licking new food while out in public may be a bit strange.
    I also have let her dip in whatever she wants, I still remember when she dipped her brocolli in milk (while disgusting to me, she liked it :p) and she even drank her milk after, ewwww.
    My parents NEVER made me eat veggies or fruits, and I currently have a very hard time eating it unless I force myself. I'm trying to get the kids to eat healthier then I did as a child and to like foods that are good for them.
    I've never been happier then when my daughter wants a snack and usually goes for veggies/and or fruits before wanting unhealthy snacks (for the most part *grin*).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2