Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default RE: Any BFed toddlers not wanting milk (cow's or EBM) from cup?

Ryan doesn't like milk either! We tried Lori's way but now he won't drink it. We tried vanilla soymilk mixed with whole milk too and he did that for about two days. Mind you, he has never had more than a cup of milk a day. Now every morning, he gets half Yo baby and half milk and he tolerates it. I have been trying to give it to him throughout the day too (with only a splash of yo baby) but he won't really drink it. We have also tried a little Nestle Quik and he didn't really take to that either.

My problem is that he hates cheese (can you imagine? :))so I struggle everyday trying to get him to eat calcium rich foods.

I am sure that eventually Jack will drink it, but you might just have to try a few combinations and then wean him off of those with more milk in the concoction!
    Mom to R and R

jlcana Guest

Default RE: Any BFed toddlers not wanting milk (cow's or EBM) from cup?

That's too funny-Chris hates cold cheese only. It must be melted in a sandwich or scrambled eggs but how much can you serve grilled cheese and scrambled eggs? Chris drinks between 8-10 oz milk a day, so I fortify it with a few spoons of Sanalac powdered milk. This brand has more calcium than Carnation. Will Ryan drink calcium fortified OJ? We've had some luck with that.

We also try Yoplait custard yogurt(more calc than regular) with extra fruit mixed in, Nutrigrain fruit/cereal bars, broccoli cheese soup that I add more broc and cheese and sprinking powdered milk into oatmeal or tomato soup made with milk. Isn't it amazing what we do to make sure our kids eat right??

Lisa
    Christopher 3/18/02
    Another boy EDD 9/20/04

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2