Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: cold cereal

snp624 Guest

Default cold cereal

I gave DD her first cold cereal this morning for breakfast. It was whole grain chex mixed with diced strawberry & milk, she ate couple, but didn't like it much. (although she ate all the strawberry pieces.) Are there any particular cereals that your children enjoy? Or do you have any tips on sweetening a bowl of plain cereal?? I thought strawberry would help, but that didn't work...!!

TIA!!

brubeck Guest

Default RE: cold cereal

My kids like Life, particularly Cinnamon Life. But essentially theyre' interested in any cereal DH eats.

snp624 Guest

Thank you Helen! Cinnamon Life sounds pretty good. I might try that! DD is interested in DH's cereal too, but I feel like his cereal is too sweet for her... (berry cherrios, peanut butter bumpers... )

thanks again!

Cheerios are most popular around here. DS prefers his fruit on the side. I've sweetened my cereal with honey before, when I was having strange pregnancy cravings. It tasted good to me! :-)
    Hallie
    DS #1 5/02
    DS #2 1/05
    DD 8/09

jlcana Guest

Try the Multigrain Cheerios- they're more nutritious than regular and are a little sweeter but still pretty low in sugar. They're in a bright purple box. One of DS' favorite snacks is these Cheerios right out of the box mixed with dried cherries or raisins.

Lisa
    Christopher 3/18/02
    Another boy EDD 9/20/04

Yes, the Multigrain Cheerios are a little sweeter, DD really likes them. For some reason I can't find them around here, I hope they aren't discontinueing them!! Wouldn't that figure!

Lisa

DS loves Kix and Berry Kix without milk. He loves Cherrios with milk though. I also get him the Whole Kids Organic O's (found them dirt cheap at Big Lots). His big thrill is pouring the milk into the bowl (I give him some milk in a dixie cup).
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

snp624 Guest

Thank you everyone! I'll try sweetening chex with honey a bit, and definitely try Multigrain Cheerios & kix! I actually had a better luck yesterday morning mixing whole grain chex with bananas. I guess banana made it little sweeter than strawberries. I let it sit for few minutes so it was nice and soggy! lol!

thanks again!!

jlcana Guest

Hi Lisa!

I went shopping this morning for Multigrain Cheerios and I thought our store had discontinued them also! The MC and regular Cheerios were down the aisle a few boxes away from the all the fruit Cheerios and Frosted Cheerios. Not sure why they wouldn't be all together!

Lisa
    Christopher 3/18/02
    Another boy EDD 9/20/04

mamarazzo Guest

We're not at the cereal with milk phase yet, but DS enjoys quite a few unsweetened or low-sugar cereals as finger foods. Sweetness doesn't seem to be an issue with him, but sometimes texture is (particularly the Chex-like cereals, in fact). Besides Cheerios, plain unsweetened puffed wheat is a big favorite. Kix as well.

M.R.
    DS 16 months

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast