Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    gisele is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default RE: Anyone still BFing?

Nicholas is 17 months old. We nurse in the morning, when I get home from work, and at bedtime. I pump twice (dropped a pump at 1 year) at work and he drinks that milk in a cup at mealtimes. On weekends, he nurses about 4-6 times a day. I got my period back at 9 months.

C99 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think we're done or almost done. Nate's been down to one session/day for several months (he's 20 months now), but hasn't nursed or asked to nurse since Monday, so I think we may have finally weaned. I'm happy with this outcome. I went through a lot of hurdles to nurse in the first place and we made a good run of it, but I am also ready and happy to stop (and I think Nate's ready to stop, too, so that helps).
    Caroline, mama to DS 01/03, DD 05/05, DS 04/07
    http://littleshoulders.blogspot.com
    "Now that you're here, the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear. UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -- Dr. Seuss

bigsis is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My DD's 13.5 mos old and I was soooo busy patting myself on the back for still nursing until I heard you ladies doing it at 17-20++ months. :)

I'm a WOHM mom so I also have a lot of guilt associated with not weaning. But at the same time, if she wasn't in DC and my freezer stash ran out when she was a little over 11 mos old, I don't know if I'd be nursing even more. Right now, I nurse DD at night, ALL night. We co-sleep as well.

I'm ready to completely wean though. I'm tired of sleeping on my side all the time. I want to have more intimacy with DH. We want to TTC#2. And no, AF hasn't visited me yet. I've had some spotting, but I don't think that counts.

GL to us! :)

At 19 mos today we're still BFing, but slowly cutting out the "on demand" sessions. We're still nursing AM, nap and nighttime.
    Lynne
    Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
    http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]

s7714 is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

We're at 19 months as well, and nursing three times a day (morning, nap and bedtime). I experimented a little and tried removing the morning session, and DD didn't really seem to be bothered, but I admitedly need that extra time to "snooze" and wake up a little more before I can face the day, so I added it back in. ;) Overall, she is nursing less and less when I do nurse her though. FWIW, my period came back exactly one day before DD's first birthday and I haven't had any problems with supply.

Jennifer
    Mommy to Annalia 03/03/03

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2